opt out of Rogers text messages

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

opt out of Rogers text messages

How can I stop Rogers from texting me messages?  I am on pay as you go, every time my plan updates, or my credit card is charged successfully I get a text from Rogers, USUALLY IN THE MIDDLE OF THE NIGHT. This is annoying to the point of my returning to my previous wireless provider even though they cost a little more. Never once was I contacted from my other provider after regular business hours.

***Edited Labels***

Solved! Go to Solution.

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: opt out of Rogers text messages

Hi @phillipsrob,

Welcome to the Community!

Getting notifications in the middle of the night is definitely annoying. I spoke to a colleague in Pay as You Go and she's assured me they do have a way to modify sent SMS hours, or completely opt out of receiving Rogers SMS. You would however need to call in at 1-800-575-9090. Once you confirm the language, press 4, then 4 again. To reach an agent press 1 at the end of the third menu.

Please keep us posted on the outcome :).

RogersZia

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted

Hi @phillipsrob,

Welcome to the Community!

Getting notifications in the middle of the night is definitely annoying. I spoke to a colleague in Pay as You Go and she's assured me they do have a way to modify sent SMS hours, or completely opt out of receiving Rogers SMS. You would however need to call in at 1-800-575-9090. Once you confirm the language, press 4, then 4 again. To reach an agent press 1 at the end of the third menu.

Please keep us posted on the outcome :).

RogersZia

View solution in original post

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Sorry, I tried once but was on hold for a longer period than I felt was reasonable and ended the call. I have blocked the number the message was coming from on my phone & will see if that stops the issue.  This is something that should be accomplishable online.  I will mark this as answered.  Rogers, GRRR!

Highlighted
I'm a Senior Advisor

My experience on this as of late is that many front line CSR's know nothing about this - their help pages are sending them to the profile where you will not find the marketing preferences -

Let them know that based upon feedback on the forums, the only way to set these is via a back office request by them, you indicate all settings your desire, they write it up and send it on.

Now whether you will know it was done or not - I have never received any verification, so I would suggest open a ticket to tack it with.

If they don't know what you are talking about, ask to speak to a manager who understands this issue.

Bruce

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Thank you for your reply. It's amazing that the large companies such as Rogers & Bell have such poor customer service, long wait times when calling and issues usally not dealt with to customers satisfaction.  During the past 1-3 years I switched to smaller third party suppliers for my cable and internet and cellular services.  What an amazing experience to be able to dial up or email customer support and actually have a phone or email question answered by a person in the company office locally. If said person didn't have your answer they asked someone else and got back to you within a few minutes & worked one on one with you until your issue is/was solved.  The big companies have lost the battle unfortunately and wonder why their customers are leaving in such large numbers........... I'm sorry I came back to Rogers.  It was a weak moment when my provider whom I loved had to increase my fees by a substantial amount making Rogers the more cost effective deal.  I think it's time to revisit the little guy.... I am aware I've totally left the subject of the thread but in all honesty Rogers is not where I really want to be.