not a valid credit card number?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: not a valid credit card number?

Another 6 months later, and still none of my credit cards (or my wife's) will work, as they are all chip+pin now. Rogers should be embarrassed by this.

I'm a Reliable Contributor

Actually I would consider myself lucky! Rogers is the last company I would give my credit card number to! Smiley Wink

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@davidj wrote:

Another 6 months later, and still none of my credit cards (or my wife's) will work, as they are all chip+pin now. Rogers should be embarrassed by this.

Have you tried calling in to have them do it there, instead of entering it yourself?

I Plan to Stick Around

I discovered a solution: just use the self-care customer care phone system (611), choose 'top up', choose 'credit card', enter your credit card number and it will then be added to your account. It is just the website that is broken apparently.

I've Been Here Awhile

Just tried to change my credit card on the pay-as-you go account and so I can confirm that, as of today - 2014-01-26, the problem is not solved!

I am still unable to register my Canpial One Master card with this company..

This shows how much the company cares about their customers!
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello jackchimou

Many are having this issue. Have you tried contact the Pay as you go hotline and see if they can do it over the phone for you? You can also go into any Rogers store and see if they will change it for u. I know this is a inconvenience but this will change it for u. Online has been having major issues and the developers seem not to care to fix it
I've Been Here Awhile

May 30th 2014, same problem, my CapitalOne Mastercard is not accepted. "Please provide a valid credit card #"? Card update was seamless on Amazon, Ebay and numerous other Companies. Called the customer service. They want 3 BUSINESS days for "Verification". Please... With the weekend in the middle, that is FIVE days. And I have to call AGAIN to check the update went through. Another 30 minutes of my time wasted. Another disappointment from Rogers. Way to go Rogers. Inconveniencing a customer who just wants to pay his bill is not a smart thing to do!

I've Been Around

Sept 1st 2014, trying to register a pay as you go plan for a cell phone,  my Canadian Presedent's choice Mastercard with the Chip I got in 2014 is not recognized. Truely wonderful.. 

Waiting in the phone queue.

A simple message on the web page to call in if you have a chip card would do wonders instead of causing customer distress..

I'm New Here

forever later, PC MasterCard is still not accepted. Ridiculous
I've Been Around

My mastercard from TD used to work fine until last month for my Rogers internet, but it's not working anymore! MyRogers says my card number is invalid. What the heck happened?? I used to pay with this card until last month.