not a valid credit card number?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Here Awhile

not a valid credit card number?

I have a pay as you go phone and I'm asked to register my credit card and subscribe auto top-up again. I tried several time but the website keeps saying I didn't provide a valid credit number? I tried 2 cards. On is PC master card and the other is MBNA master card. Neither work. What's the problem.

******* Edit labels ********

I Plan to Stick Around

Re: not a valid credit card number?

It's a problem on Rogers' system, and they just haven't bothered fixing it yet. It is rejecting TWO of my credit cards - for my Capital one card it says 'please enter a valid credit card number' and for my new PC financial card it says 'address does not match' (but it does). I just used my old PC financial card number and it works. It's also doing the same thing with my wife's new Capital one card.

I think it might be a problem with new chip+pin cards or something. When you phone Rogers, their useless customer support people don't know anything about the issue and won't/can't do anything about it.

These credit cards work fine everywhere else, it's just Rogers that has the problem.

I've Been Around

Same problem here. Customer service was not helpful. They want you to wait two days so they can call the credit card company and receive "manual verification." Two days to make a verification telephone call? A cashier at a department store can get verifcation in a matter of minutes.  Not a happy customer...

I Plan to Stick Around

Still happening a year later!

According to Rogers' credit card page, it says they only accept credit cards issued by Canadian institutions. I guess that means they don't accept my Canadian Capital One credit card, as it is from a US institution (even though it is a Canadian credit card). It is accepted by every other retailer in Canada.

I would urge Rogers to fix this problem, as it's very annoying. Capital One is the only credit card I have.

I've Been Around

Same problem, when trying to register a new VISA card (replacing old one), the system complains on an invalid address, I tried my wife's and give's the same error.

Note that I don't have access to update the account responsible e.g. to try the combination of main card holder's name + credit card info.

Customer support has simply told me to wait  a couple of days so they can take care of it with the Bank and will call me back.

They have not called me back in any of the two ocassions, 

Pretty disappointed on Roger's support

Does any one has had any success on updating the credit card info. after this error? or customer support please share successful stories and what actions are being taken.

I've Been Here Awhile

I started this thread, still a problem now.
I've Been Around

As long as you used no pin/chip card, you should be fine.

I've tried 2 new cards (pin required), and they gave me this "not a valid credit card number" meg.

Then i switched to my old amex(no pin # required), it passed.

cheers.

I've Been Around

3V Visa does not work with Rogers prepaid either. 3V Virtual Visa can be purchased online and people needing a Canadian credit card to buy from Rogers might be considering this option. It doesn't work. ""Please enter a valid credit card number."
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Some services, will sometimes certain forms of visas... virtual, throw away purchasable ones that you buy from the store, etc.. due to the fact that they can not be traced as to the owner..

Best bet with these.. IF its an option, make sure that its one that can be REGISTERD with the persons full info.

I've Been Around

Yea im getting the "invalid address" error when attempting to re-register a new credit card. Been trying for almost a week now. Cusomter support keep bounching me to different places, not much help. Think i'll just move to telus, Rogers dont seem to have any intenion of fixing thisn known bug.