longest hold time

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: longest hold time

Good afternoon @jmhlin,

Welcome to the Rogers Community and thanks for your post! We appreciate you took the time to share your current situation with us. I understand it can be frustrating to wait on hold but we're busier than normal at this time of the year. Our goal remain to exceed expectations by providing you the best products and services.

What exactly did you need assistance with? Did you know you can do most transactions via your MyRogers online profile. Feel free to check out our new self-serve hub atwww.rogers.com/support. Find all the information needed to manage your account and services online, 24/7, including troubleshooting tips, answers to most frequently asked questions, video tutorials, and more! 

If you'd like our assistance with regards to your account, please reach out to us through private message. To do so, send a PM to @CommunityHelps so we can locate your account information and get started. If you aren't familiar with our private messaging system, click here.

RogersMaude

I've Been Around

Have waited on the phone for over 1 hour two days in a row.  My new plan is missing a few features.  Yesterday the support person had to transfer me to a manager to resolve.  This resulted in another 1 hour and 6 minutes wait until I just gave up.  This is ridiculous.  Rogers has to do better. 

Hello @bigred33!

Thanks so much for joining us in the forums, we hope you like your time here! 🙂

Longer than normal wait times can certainly be annoying to deal with, especially when there are other things you could be doing with your time. I feel your pain and we will definitely continue to strive for better!

Please note that there are many different avenues of support that Rogers offers for your convenience (outside of calling in). Please see below:

Live Chat Support online: https://www.rogers.com/consumer/support/contactus

- Select the 'General Inquiries' tile and then select the type of service you wish to chat about to get started! (Hours of operation may vary depending on which service you are inquiring about).

Facebook Messenger: https://fb.com/msg/rogers

Available 24/7

Twitter DM: https://t.co/yWof4TXpGJ

Available 24/7

You may also send us a PM here in the Community Forums for assistance with your issue and we'll be happy to help! For more information on how our Private Messaging system works, please check out our blog.

Thank you,

RogersLaura

I've Been Around

It's been 2 hours!!!! and I have been trying to contact them all week. HORRIBLE customer service. Very unorganized!!!
I Plan to Stick Around

I've had to call Service Canada 3 times over the last 6 months and each time the hold time was almost 5 hours.

Tis The Season

I Plan to Stick Around

I am on hold with Rogers FOR ONE HOUR AND 36 MIN! - How do we allow this Rogers company to operate like this in Canada?

How do you allow them to do this to us?

How??

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Just like you guys I get VERY frustrated by the long wait times when calling Rogers. I am affected by this just as much as you but has it ever occurred to you that the Covid-19 Coronavirus may have something to do with this and it may very well be beyond their control.

Many workplaces are located in cities which have a lockdown due to the coronavirus. This mean even people who answer the phone for companies like rogers May not be able to come to the office, so because of this it might be challenging to supply enough laptops and software to all the agents and make them work from home remotely, plus the challenges they may have with the laptop or connecting to their workplace.

I Plan to Stick Around

Wrong  - Current Long wailing times are not because of Covid.

Not after 9 months, not on a Tier 1 vendor in Telecom like Rogers.

Pauly, has it ever occurred to you this explanation cannot be valid 9 month after Covid started? has it ever occurred to you that Rogers is a Tier 1 ISP vendor in Canada with probably the biggest Telecom budget for IT? has it ever occurred to you the extend of the IT spending, capabilities in IT which Rogers has and the deep ties Rogers has with IT vendors? has it ever occurred to you how other companies had adapted quickly - in 2 months after March?

Your explanation might have hold water in March or April.

We are in December 2020.

No reason a Tier 1 ISP Telecom like Rogers to do what it does to customer and their employees.

This is almost year 2021 and technology is here for a long time - there is no excuse for Rogers to treat us the way we are treated.

I've Been Around

I was holding the phone line for 45 minutes and I couldn’t get in touch with an agent. Simply a waste of time in this busy times.
I don’t know what other service is there instead of calling Rogers to disconnect internet service and disable home monitoring service.
I will be careful next time taking a service from Rogers.

Hello, @RAhmed18

Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums!

I can understand how frustrating it can be dealing with long hold times. Boxing day is one of our busiest days of the year so its very likely that has played a part in the long hold times.

I am hopeful that you were able to get in touch with someone. Only our call centre or live chat teams can process a cancellation for your Smart Home Monitoring system.

We really appreciate all of your patience.

RogersTony