longest hold time

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Here Awhile

Re: longest hold time

3 hrs and didn't get anyone so got fed up and disconnnected.

I've Been Here Awhile

Looks like I beat everyone, in total 5hrs over two days and finally got hold of someone who seems to be more upset than I was. Was very rude and condescending. Extremely disappointed with Rogers and its customer service, I would give a -ve 5 as a rating.

Highlighted
I'm a Senior Advisor

2 days ago - 18 minutes - the message said 20 - 30, so I complimented on exceeding expections Smiley Mad

Then 10 minutes for the person to find the accessibility team, then 15 minutes wait to get to that team.

This was my third attempt - each time, it took about 10 minutes for them to find the extension, and the other two times, I stopped waiting after 45 minutes to get the first person, and then 30 minutes for the second person - my patience ran out - The web site says contact the accessibility team, but ironically, due to wait times, they are not really that accessible and staff can't get the transfer easily.

Pretty bad when someone starts a thread on "longest wait time".  It should be a competition by rogers to have shortest wait times.

One of your competitors used to give an immediate credit if wait was over 10 minutes.

As for Facebook and Twitter, I don't use either, so not an option, I am not a big fan of chat because it has long waits too, and if the discussion is long, scrolling back up is ackward and challenging for a person with a reading disabity (I type well, and reasonably coherenty, I don't read well).  So my preference is voice contact with text transcript (but Rogers won't give text transcript on voice - the reason I was contacting accessibility team was that issue), once I do get on the phone what would seem easy and quick for most becomes a long time because it is challenging for me to remember what is said, write it down, and clarify I understood, and often I have to call back.

Just an addition to the problem of waits, is also the issue of refusal to provide written transcript - the benefit of the community helps and twitter and chat and facebook, is you do have a copy, but no way to use voice to clarify with.

Nothing is perfect, but Rogers is trying by giving multiple methods - maybe reduce the methods to two - one electronic - chat, and one voice if they just don't have resources to keep up.

Just a suggestion.

Bruce

I've Been Around

My longest hold time was around 2 hours and then I had to drop the line. On average, I was able to reach their customer service 5 times, each time on hold for almost 1 hour and then never could get forwarded to the cancellation team. There is no way one can reach their cancellation team directly.

I'm a Senior Advisor

I have been consistently able to get directly to cancellations by doing the following - confirm your phone number when you call in.

Then when it goes through options, wait for 4 for changes to services --

Pause wait- press for unlock press 1  wait about 5 seconds for next prompt - who knows reason for long pause in there.

Then you will here options to add, change services, keep listening until it gets to cancel push that button.

Then when you get there, next it will ask for wireless then, cable, home phone etc, each with own options.  You then wait until they pick up.

It really is not easy to find and not everyone has succes with that option taking them to cancellations - if I didn't get cancellations people, I personally would try once more, then raise it as a concern - they give the option, it should go there.

This whole discussion is a reflection of poor customer service - nothing else you can call it.  Yes we have various options to get to them, community helps, twitter, facebook, chat, and phone - it should be equally quick and painles for any of those options and each option needs to be available to represent accessibility and good customer service - does it take this long to buy a service - haven't tried recently?

I would hope it is the same poor for both groups or we would begin to believe that we as existing customers are being served poorly compared to new customers, but lots of concerns about thta issue already - web site option for most options is not available to current customer - they tell us to call in to allow them to personalize to best meet our needs and desires - well kind of hard to live up to that standard if we can't get to them.

Hello Rogers - are you listening - it seems to have been bad ever since the deal last december on data and the price war that Rogers lost, (why not able to get to them as reported by media review of results of that), and now for home services, we have the one year plans running out now about every three months as that is about how often they change them.

Or you can just opt to pay them lots of more money when it runs out.

And then there is the consistent issue of having to call back because the confirmations don't match what we were told or we understood which in a recent description of a fight of a customer over does the verbal contract as understood override the confirmation if it differs.  The competitor lost - yes the verbal contract overrides in that case - maybe time for the quotation to come in writing, not just a confirmation of verbal.

Come on Rogers - get your act together on this end to end experience, your CEO claimed that they were improving.

It improved for a little while, but seems to be lacking again.

And sorry, I don't buy that it is increased demand due to their new offers - if you want the customer to be able to take advantage of the offer, you need the staff to be there - in a store, if I wait more than 15 minutes for a staff for sale items, I walk out, or contact a manager.

Bruce

I've Been Around

Im past 2 hours now.. did a double payment on my internet last month and now their saying I have missed 3 payments and owe 223.23....
I'm a Senior Advisor

Contacting Rogers on Facebook or Twitter to resolve problems is much more painless.

SA8300HD, SA8300SD, DTA50, LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
I've Been Here Awhile

I'm at a full hour.  And this is me hoping to upgrade - I want to spend *more* money with them, and still, an hour!  Quite a business model.

I've Been Here Awhile

Ug, I just hung up.  Has to be a better way.

I've Been Here Awhile

Perhaps the best testament to their commitment to customer feedback is the fact that they never respond to any of these comments.

Topic Stats