live chat problem

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I'm a Reliable Contributor

Re: live chat problem

Hello Everyone.

This is actually an issue that happens from time to time, regardless of browser. I've both been on the agent side when it happens to a customer and had it happen to me chatting in as a customer. It has occured on Firefox, Google Chrome etc. It's an issue where the scroll bar of the chat window doesn't load properly, and instead will cause the response box to be pushed down further until it goes beyond the visible screen. Aside from gaining a few responses via changing the zoom of your screen, the best option would be to simply disconnect the conversation when it is noticed and connect again after relaunching your browser. Not sure what causes it though.

Hope this helps. 🙂

View solution in original post

Highlighted
I've Been Around

@Micolas wrote:

Hello Everyone.

This is actually an issue that happens from time to time, regardless of browser. I've both been on the agent side when it happens to a customer and had it happen to me chatting in as a customer. It has occured on Firefox, Google Chrome etc. It's an issue where the scroll bar of the chat window doesn't load properly, and instead will cause the response box to be pushed down further until it goes beyond the visible screen. Aside from gaining a few responses via changing the zoom of your screen, the best option would be to simply disconnect the conversation when it is noticed and connect again after relaunching your browser. Not sure what causes it though.

Hope this helps. 🙂

Thank you for confirming the scroll-related issue of the Live Chat service.  Unfortunately, a proper solution isn't provided.  Even upon disconnecting and reconnecting multiple times, the issue usually persists, and the process of having to explain the same problem to representative after representative is a bit of a pain.

I have tried using the service around 8-10 times, through Google Chrome, and only once was it actually successful.  I notice that the posts of this thread date back through 2014 and i'm disappointed that Rogers has not addressed the issue.  

Researching the problem online, it seems to be a fairly widespread issue and it adds to increased user frustration, something that the customer service industry desperately needs less of.  

I usually prefer to call via telephone but there are many occasions when it isn't an option, whereas internet access is.  Many other services have adopted a web-based chat service and I have used a fair number of them without this sort of problem.

It would be nice to see an update to the service that uses a more stable and reliable chat function. 

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

same thing just happened to me on an iMac

Useless.

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

When I call, the issue is resolved and I get a snarky, "You could have dealt with this problem through our Rogers website"

Very annoying.

Highlighted
I've Been Around

Smae problem for me.

Highlighted
I've Been Around

When I start talking to someone via Live Chat my text box dissapears and all is lost. I cannot reply and I stop being able to see what they are typing.

This is via Chrome and Safari. 

Highlighted
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Hi @pengdani8

Welcome to the Community Forums!

Have you tried minimizing your brower as mentioned in the posts above to see if that solves the issue?

@RogersGabrielle

Highlighted
I'm a Senior Advisor

I only tried live chat once. When I was presented a form to fill out my information, the top of the form was off the page and I could not scroll it, so I gave up. I've since learned you're supposed to reduce the zoom to 75% for live chat and some other functions, so it's your fault, not Rogers. You also need to dig out your account number ahead of time, because that's needed.  I found it much easier and more reliable to contact @CommunityHelps and get assistance through private messaging. You still need the same information, but the form doesn't zoom off screen. The other alternative is phone support.

SA8300HD, SA8300SD, DTA50, LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
Highlighted
I've Been Around

I have been trying to get a Live Chat agent on the line for a few days now (wait times have been 2 + hrs as I finally give up). I need to update my user name to my email in order to activate my Spotify experience and the ONLY way (unfortunately) is via Live Chat. I've called in to confirm this and even the Tech Support agent had trouble getting a Live Chat agent on the line. Thought there is a message indicating that wait times are higher than usual, the wait time seems very excessive so I'm not sure if there's a system glitch or if anyone else has been experiencing the same issue. Would be nice if phone agents or customers could make such simple updates... 

Highlighted
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

@MM77

Hello and welcome to the Community Forums! 🙂

I'm sorry to hear the difficulties you've had trying to connect to our Live Chat.

I just tried connecting and got an agent immediately.

Can you try to clear your cookies and caches and try again?

If you like for us to look into your inquiry, we are more than happy to help.

When you are online please send a private message to @CommunityHelps.

Thanks,

RogersMay