international calls

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Yeu
I've Been Around

international calls

my plan does not include international calls. do i get charged for receiving them.

****Edited Labels****

Solved! Go to Solution.

Accepted Solutions
Pauly
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: international calls

basically, if ur in toronto and u answer your phone in hamilton, your outside your calling area. if your in toronto and someone calls u from china or china town in toronto, its the same. it does not matter where the person calling you is located. this information is not used by the carriers nor are you charged more for where the caller is located.

View solution in original post

All Replies
BillJ
I'm a Trusted Contributor

Whether you'll be charged for them depends on where you are when you receive them.  If you're within your local calling area, defined by the area code of your cell number, then it'll just count towards your monthly minutes consumption.  The only time you'll incur charges is when you're roaming outside of your local calling area.

I hope that helps you.  🙂

alexkershaw
I've Been Around

Where do I find out what these charges are?

Pauly
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

basically, if ur in toronto and u answer your phone in hamilton, your outside your calling area. if your in toronto and someone calls u from china or china town in toronto, its the same. it does not matter where the person calling you is located. this information is not used by the carriers nor are you charged more for where the caller is located.

View solution in original post

power123
I've Been Around

Hi

is this the same for a prepaid pay as you go phone? do you get charged for international calls recieved

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello power123

Yes you do as its considered Long Distance calls received which will be taking from your minutes.
suedar
I've Been Around

how much would it cost to call germany on my land phone

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@suedar : I assume you're talking about Rogers Home Phone?  I assume you don't have an international plan of any kind?  From the following link, it looks like $0.10/minute to Germany?

https://www.rogers.com/consumer/home-phone?setLanguage=en

Click Long Distance Tab, click the appropriate International Rates button?

Someone else here may be able to confirm.