how 2 disable voicemail to text

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Around

how 2 disable voicemail to text

I just subscribed to the value pack in order to have voicemail + call display. I do not have a plan that includes text so I don't want to recieve a text message when someone leaves a voicemail. Anyone know how to disable that option? Thanks in advance.

***edited labels***

Solved! Go to Solution.
Retired Moderator RogersJonathan
Retired Moderator

Re: how 2 disable voicemail to text

Hello saba,

Welcome to the Rogers community,

I recommend you call our customer service department at 1-866-931-3282 (DATA). They can remove the voicemail to text feature on your account.

I've Been Here Awhile

I just tried this, and it isn't so easy...

1) If you call the above number (Wireless Tech Support - WTS), they can turn off the voicemail to text portion. However, you will still receive a text message indicating the number of new voicemail messages that you have. They cannot turn this off, as it is "out of scope", and have to send you over to Customer Care (CC).

2) CC will send you back over to WTS unless you tell them that you were sent to CC by WTS, and that it is out of the scope of WTS. Apparently, CC is not aware of this.

At this time, I have re-requested that all text messages going in and out of my phone be blocked, as I do not want to pay for text messages...period. I don't send them, and I don't want to receive them. This block was requested a few years ago so that I wouldn't have to pay for spam - having to call up every month to contest each message was getting annoying - and I had thought it was still active. Apparently, the block was removed at some point since then without my explicit approval (perhaps purchasing the value pack turned it on automagically?).

However, that still does not block text messages from Rogers. So, apparently it is impossible to block these messages. Supposedly, these messages do not result in a charge, but we will see.

Dave C

I've Been Around

I have tried twice to get Rogers to turn off my voice to text. One rep said it could not be turned off so switched my plan which resulted in extra charges for texting that she failed to mention to me. The next time I called the rep said it can easily be turned off, so switched my plan back. He said he turned the voice to text off but I am still getting my voicemails texted to me! ARGGGHHH, it is so annoying!!

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

whom ever told you that it can be disabled is wrong.

The text message being sent is not part of any billing system function that the rep can see on their v21 screen.  Instead, its being sent by Comverse server which is the voicemail computer.  you *can* try asking to be put on a iphone voicemail option, it might work, but you might loose the MWI voicemail icon too, there is no solution for you except to just accept it or get a motorola. sone motorlas receive the text internally but dont display it to the consumer, not sure if this is still happening with the new ones..

hope this helps

I've Been Around

I know this posting is old, but I thought i'd share my experience... in terms of it totally being POSSIBLE to DISABLE...with a little persistence ...

after a long hour and half battle with inconsistent customer care reps and technical support (who I called first originally and was transferred to 5 customer care reps in between only to be returned back to tech support again)  I can say it's actually possible to deactivate all texts relating to this issue (voicemail to text and the texts following saying it could not convert text to voicemail anymore)     There's hope out there!  It takes a lot of patience and grovelling at the feet of the right tech support person!  hallelujah!! 

Rogers Employee WiseD
Rogers Employee

@Pauly wrote:

whom ever told you that it can be disabled is wrong.

The text message being sent is not part of any billing system function that the rep can see on their v21 screen.  Instead, its being sent by Comverse server which is the voicemail computer.  you *can* try asking to be put on a iphone voicemail option, it might work, but you might loose the MWI voicemail icon too, there is no solution for you except to just accept it or get a motorola. sone motorlas receive the text internally but dont display it to the consumer, not sure if this is still happening with the new ones..

hope this helps

This is incorrect.

The Voicemail to SMS feature can be removed and no you dont need to have an iphone voicemail option. Requesting to have the "Voicemail to SMS feature removed/excluded" should be enough info for the technical agent.

I've Been Here Awhile

I have been on the phone since Nov 21 2013 trying to disable this feature.Each time they said it is fixed it is not and i keep losing my voic email and have to reset it

They also offered me a plan that will solve thsi and again it does not work

I have spent hrs and hrs on the phone with Rogers and i still am gettingthsi voice to text

i will be cancelling with them as i feel i spoke to 15 persons there  spent hrs and hrs and no one could help me

terrible service

I've Been Here Awhile

i am having the same problem on going since Nov 21 2013
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Wise D well if u say its possible why do the last 2 posters have almost difficult time getting this done?