adding a new computer

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

adding a new computer

I have tech expert on my old laptop.  How do I add my new computer to it?  The old laptop has quit working so I cant access it from there.

Thanks,

Tony

***Edited Labels***

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: adding a new computer

Techxpert is more of a service for them to help fix your computer, etc..

Are you more talking about the Rogers home protection... the antivirus software, etc??

(and also, what is the new computer you have?  What version of windows, etc is it running?)

I've Been Here Awhile

Its an Acer with Windows 10, my old one was an Acer with Windows 7.  I want to install techexpert on my new laptop so they an fix any problems that arise with it.  Techexpert also has anti virus.

Thanks

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Personally speaking, I don't think I would advise anyone to install Techexpert unless they absolutely didn't want to deal with any problems that might crop up from time to time.  As for the old laptop, does it run at all?  If its dead, it might be a battery or hard drive issue.  I wouldn't get rid of it without removing the hard drive and deciding to keep the drive, or destroy it completely.  Usually you can find the instructions for a laptop that will guide you in taking it apart to replace components.  Just a matter of following the instructions until you can remove the laptop, or, just start taking it apart, battery pack and bottom screws first and go from there.  If the hard drive still works, buy a USB hard drive dock that you can use to access the drive, something like this:

http://www.canadacomputers.com/index.php?cPath=14_679

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

The techxpert part, where they can connect to you and do some support, they will be able to probably add on your machine at the time of you making the inquiery to them.

Unfortunately at this time, from my understanding, is that the rogers provided antivirus does not work with windows 10 yet.

Windows 10, does come with defender/MSE already built into it though.