Zone 4 Daily Internet Rate

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm Here A Lot

Zone 4 Daily Internet Rate

Hi,

I've recently travelled out of the country and noticed that I have a "Zone 4" charge of $79.92 added to my bill. On top of that, I was also charged for "ROAM LIKE HOME".

I am fine with the "ROAM LIKE HOME" charges since this was intentional but I do not understand what is this "Zone 4" charge. Shouldn't everything be covered under my "ROAM LIKE HOME" since I was in only 1 country and not multiple?

It's also curious because it says "8 msg" - "$79.92". Is this actually $10 per msg and what are you referring to 'msg'?

Thanks,

Andrew

***Edited Labels***

Solved! Go to Solution.
Retired Moderator RogersPrasana
Retired Moderator

Re: Zone 4 Daily Internet Rate

Hi @aj_12

Thank you for posting on the Community Forums!Smiley Happy

We can definitely take a closer look at your wireless charges. Please send us a private message to @CommunityHelps the next time you are online and we can assist.

@RogersPrasana

Highlighted
Rogers Employee lockdown2341
Rogers Employee

Hopefully you got this cleared up. But just some clarification on my end.

Zone 4 is a roaming zone mainly consisting of countries within Africa. I believe Roam Like Home is not available there, and internet usage is billed at $9.99 for every 3MB of data that you use. It gets billed per message as you should get a message every time you use the internet while roaming and each time you use the 3MB, it generates a different message.

I wonder where you were travelling, since as I said, there is no RLH in any of the Zone 4 countries.

I'm Here A Lot

Hi,

Sorry for the really long delay.

It turned out that my phone was picking up other towers which resulted in the additional charges.

I was able to get this sorted out with @CommunityHelps.

Thanks,

Andrew

I've Been Around

Hi,
I was hoping if you can assist me with the same issue. Just got my bill with the same zone 4 charges for over $3000. I don't understand.

Hello, @Mchidane

Thank you for joining our Community and posting your concern. I haven't recently seen such overage, do you remember accepting the $100 Data Roaming notification and & $1000 Data Roaming Cap Notification? 

We can definitely dive into your account and examine the charges. Please send us a private message at @CommunityHelps. Our private messaging system is explained in this blog.

Thanks,

RogersMoin

I've Been Here Awhile

Hi,

I need clarification on the same thing as other posters to this board:  my bill shows Zone 4 Daily Internet rate charges of $99.90.    The item on the bill says "10 messages".    However, there is a separate entry for text messages (billed at 75¢ each, as expected.)

So what are the messages for which I'm paying $99.90?    Is it possible that they are using the wrong word "messages" when they mean something else, like data?  Or some connection fee to the network?   (by the way I declined the travel packs that Rogers offered while I was travelling, so this charge is not for a travel pack). 

Drew

Good day @amakepeace,

Welcome to the Rogers Community & thank you for your post!

I understand you need to make sure you're correctly billed for your roaming charges.

I know what it's like to get a bill that is higher than usual.

When travelling abroad, you no longer need to worry about what you will be charged when using data!

It's affordable to use your phone with Rogers, at only $9.99 per day (24 hours) for up to 3MB.

This pricing is specific to Zone 4.

Therefore, what you see on the invoice would be 10 times $9.99 (total $99.90) for the data day passes.

The data roaming rate applies automatically upon your first byte of data usage each 24 hours.

For more information, visit www.rogers.com/travel!

If you want to prevent this from happening for your future trips, make sure to turn OFF "Data Roaming" in the network settings of your phone. Smiley Wink

Hope this helps!

RogersMaude

I've Been Here Awhile

Thanks for the reply, RogersMaude,

Since I connected to the network only three times while travelling, can you tell me why I was charged for ten (10) data day passes?

Drew

Thank you for your reply Drew!

It's my pleasure to clarify this for you.

Here is how it works, more in depth:

• Upon the first byte of usage while travelling, you are charged $9.99. This will provide you with 3MB that is available to use for 24 hours.
    • If you exceed 3MB within the 24 hour period, you will automatically be charged an additional $9.99 and you’ll have access to another 3MB. The rate of $9.99/3MB will continue until the 24 hour period expires.
    • Any additional charges of $9.99 within the initial 24-hour period will not extend that 24-hour period.

Therefore, the $99.90 fee could be equivalent to up to 30 MB of usage.

Don't hesitate to let us know if you have any other questions!

RogersMaude