Zedd Customer Solutions

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm a Trusted Contributor

Re: Zedd Customer Solutions

@User14 wrote:

@BS wrote:

Thanks for the update - it is interesting that it is our responsibility to ask what they do with our data and to be taken off their internal list.

Bruce

It appears that a lot of companies are putting first tier Help Desk responsibilities on the customer, including Canon, Apple, Rogers, etc. The use of peer-to-peer customer forums to let customers solve other customers problems  is certainly useful and cheap.  It is an interesting shift from 3-4 tier help desk support model toward the use of free labour at the first tier. Perhaps we need to unionize. Smiley Happy 

For comparison purposes, MicroSoft have just updated their Privacy Policy Statement. 

Microsoft Privacy Policy   You basically have little control over any data you provide these companies, where in the world it is stored, or who can access it.  They don't seem to have very good security either so be careful.  

I've Been Here Awhile

These people have just started calling my granddaughter's cell phone since April 6th 2017.  Tonight I was actually here and she answered the call and they said they needed to speak to an authorized account holder.  They rattled off names that used to have email addresses under my account, but NOBODY they mentioned is authorized to make changes on my account except for me. She told them I was here but apparently they didn't want to talk to me at all... very strange. 

They need to be taught what an authorized account holder means.

If I get any unauthorized charges on my bill because of these people (I have recorded the phone number), Rogers will DEFINITELY be hearing from me.

@CelticElf wrote:

These people have just started calling my granddaughter's cell phone since April 6th 2017.  .....

If I get any unauthorized charges on my bill because of these people (I have recorded the phone number), Rogers will DEFINITELY be hearing from me.

@CelticElf  Sadly, it is very time consuming reading all these threads, but there is usually an answer in there somewhere. You have to go pro-active on these types of calls or they don't stop.

For ZEDD, I finally contacted Rogers and ZEDD stopped calling.  Now, as for MET CREDIT, they still call, but now they don't say they are calling on behalf of Rogers.  It is a different recording, but it is still MET CREDIT.

CBC Story on MET CREDIT in 2013   If or when you get these people calling you need to contact them directly and quote their code of ethics back to them.  MET CREDIT Contact page  They are a pain.

For Rogers, try one of these from @BS :

"e. How can I contact Rogers? To contact us:

i. visit a Rogers store;

ii. call 1-888-ROGERS1 (1-888-764-3771) or, from your Rogers wireless phone, call *611 (it’s a free call);

iii. go online at rogers.com/contactus to use our live chat;

iv. send a fax to 1-800-219-6473; or v. write to Rogers Customer Care, 100 Westmorland Street, Moncton, NB E1C 0G1. Any notice of a claim must be given to the Rogers Legal Department, 333 Bloor Street East, Toronto, ON M4W 1G9 and will be deemed to have been given on the date on which it was sent by the party giving the notice."

I've Been Here Awhile

Thank you User14 , I will call Rogers to make sure they have ZEDD stop calling my granddaughter's cell phone and also make sure I am the only person on the account authorized to make changes.

I'm a Senior Advisor

@CelticElf

In your first call or contact to Rogers, unfortunately you will be getting the first level customer service level - depending upon their experience and/or knowledge, they may no who to forward you to get this taken care of.

Marketing choices are now done manually via request to back end staff (used to be online, but didn't always stop the two you are talking about).

You may have to ask for a manager, or go to report a concern link on the MYROGERS pages to escalate it - ask them to call you, or email (your preference - I am at home, so I have them phone, but email provides a paper trail - remember to cut and paste your concern to a document file, as there is no way to have a copy)

- chat can be cumbersome, they are the same people role as people when you phone in, but it provides a paper trail - you can ask them for a manager and they will give you a phone number to call typically, or use the report a concern.

It can take about 4-6 weeks from my experience to get you off the list, but even so, when they kept coming at me, I just went back at Rogers again so I had documentation of just how much it took to end it all.

Good luck, it is possible to get them to stop.

And definitely have them set you contact preferences for email, text, phone numbers (all), including any secondary email accounts you may have with them).

It can be a challenge to get them to finalize all your preferences - ask them when they intend to put it back on MyRogers page - some reps will search their knowledge base that still says it is on your profile tab on MYROGERS - it hasn't been there for almost 2 years, and the support pages say the same.

And rather than have the rep searching all over the place, and asking other staff, just tell them that information on the forum indicates that it can't be done by them, or via the web page, that it needs to be a request to back office - ask them to open a ticket so some accountability is built in that it won't get lost.

Not an easy process to work through, but as User14 has put forward, it can be done through those three channels between his advise and my own.

Been there, a few times now.

Best of luck - plus @communityhelps private message from your user profile on the community site sometimes can get it taken care of for you.

Bruce

MET CREDIT on behalf of Rogers

I had to call 1-888-797-7727   MET CREDIT  to get them to take my phone number off their automatic calling robot.

The ask for Name and Number then a guy says you have been taken off their list.  

Let's hope.

I've Been Around

I just got a scam phone call from the "CRA" asking to confirm my name, do you think I'm going to confirm my name on a phone call from Zedd Customer Solutions only 10 mins later???!!!! Rogers, please stop these 3rd party activities... make it a policy that you don't make direct phone calls AND advertise that! This policy will protect your customers from possible fraud. Thank you.
I've Been Around

How do I get them to stop calling me, especially in the middle of my work day? I really do not appreciate being called with sales pitches. If I want additional products, I would contact Rogers directly. I am uncomfortable with this outside company having access to my account details! This makes me question if I will continue to use Rogers in the future.

Good evening @shaeir,

Welcome to the Rogers Community!

I understand that getting marketing calls while you're busy working can be a nuisance.

Have you requested that they remove your number from their dialer?

A good thing to do would be to update your marketing permissions. You can do it by visiting this page: https://www.rogers.com/consumer/unsubscribe.

You can also register your number to the National Do Not Call List. To do so, visit the National Do Not Call List website.

Alternatively, you can also block their number from calling you, directly from your device!

Let us know if you have any other questions. Smiley Wink

RogersMaude

@shaeir wrote:
How do I get them to stop calling me, especially in the middle of my work day? 

I called 1-888-797-7727   MET CREDIT and told them to take me off their list. I didn't expect it to work, but I haven't heard from them since then.