Zedd Customer Solutions

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm a Senior Advisor

Re: Zedd Customer Solutions

Section 10 e. states

"e. How can I contact Rogers? To contact us:

i. visit a Rogers store;

ii. call 1-888-ROGERS1 (1-888-764-3771) or, from your Rogers wireless phone, call *611 (it’s a free call);

iii. go online at rogers.com/contactus to use our live chat;

iv. send a fax to 1-800-219-6473; or v. write to Rogers Customer Care, 100 Westmorland Street, Moncton, NB E1C 0G1. Any notice of a claim must be given to the Rogers Legal Department, 333 Bloor Street East, Toronto, ON M4W 1G9 and will be deemed to have been given on the date on which it was sent by the party giving the notice."

So if as some have indicated in this thread, someone says they can't do it, direct them to these actual sections of the Privacy Sections and 10 e describing who to contact, and if they can't do it ask them to locate someone to do it for you.

Bruce

I'm a Trusted Contributor

@Gdkitty wrote:

Yeah, unfortunately, at least to a company like Zedd, they are able to pass on that information, according to the terms of use.
8. Your Privacy
a. What can Rogers do with my account information and personal information?
By entering into an Agreement, you expressly:
i. authorize Rogers to collect and use your current and historical personal location information associated with any device you use under your Agreement(s) in order to provide geo-location services to you, with the ability to opt-out of these services at any time.
ii. agree that your account information may be disclosed to other members of the Rogers Communications Inc. organization, and to our agents, authorized dealers and distributors to service your account, respond to your questions, telemarket (including by way of automatic dialing and announcing devices), and promote additional products and services offered by members of the Rogers Communications Inc. organization. If you do not wish to receive these offers or information, please contact us in any of the ways set out in Section 10(e) below.

@BS wrote:

Section 10 e. states

i. visit a Rogers store;

ii. call 1-888-ROGERS1 (1-888-764-3771) or, from your Rogers wireless phone, call *611 (it’s a free call);

iv. send a fax to 1-800-219-6473; or v. write to Rogers Customer Care, 100 Westmorland Street, Moncton, NB E1C 0G1. Any notice of a claim must be given to the Rogers Legal Department, 333 Bloor Street East, Toronto, ON M4W 1G9 and will be deemed to have been given on the date on which it was sent by the party giving the notice."

So if as some have indicated in this thread, someone says they can't do it, direct them to these actual sections of the Privacy Sections and 10 e describing who to contact, and if they can't do it ask them to locate someone to do it for you.

Bruce

In my case I upgraded to an iPhone through The Mobile Shop (Loblaws) rather than Rogers to get the PC Points. Their Privacy Policy said that they collected my information on behalf of the Mobile Shop and on behalf of the Carrier I selected. They also say that they will only use my information in accordance with the Carrier's Privacy Policy which is on the Carrier's website. The Mobile Shop Privacy Policy on their website doesn't mention giving my information to third parties.

The mobileshop privacy-policy and disclosure

I also signed two documents related to the Carrier selected (ie. Rogers) which said the same thing:

1. Account Maintenance Agreement with Rogers

Section 10.1 Related Documents

Privacy Policy: Our Privacy Policy sets out our policies in relation to the collection, use and disclosure of your personal information. Our Privacy Policy provides information on why we collect customer information, how we use and share this information and specifies how to contact us if you would like more information on our personal information handling practices.

2. Rogers Wireless Service Agreement

8. Additional Documents and Resources

8.1 Related Documents

Privacy Policy: Our Privacy Policy sets out our policies in relation to the collection, use and disclosure of your personal information. Our Privacy Policy provides information on why we collect customer information, how we use and share this information and specifies how to contact us if you would like more information on our personal information handling practices.

As you can see, I didn't see anything in the 10+ pages of legalese that expressly said Rogers would give my account information and personal information to a third party. I suppose the devil is in the detail.

Obviously, this is a complex and convoluted area that requires more clarity for customers, otherwise anyone can get your information and you don't know where it has gone. 

I'll try contacting Rogers to opt out of these telemarketing calls and see what happens. Thanks for the feedback.

I'm a Senior Advisor

@User14  Without a doubt, the terms documents don't make it easy for any of us to understand easily what is going on with the privacy side of things and marketing, along with many other areas.  My mortgage documents are only a bit longer and basically less detailed than a telecom company agreement. Practically need a lawyer to understand it all.

At least some areas are now defined to be simple and are found in bold as defined by CRTC rules such as prices, confirmation notices, rights to cancel within 30 days of changes, tab amounts (or whatever they are called by rogers), and so forth.

One of the challenges for us in terms of our rights around providing or removing permissions is that this area is covered under various legislations and Do not call procedures defined in law, and is not really part of CRTC domain that I am aware of, so if we choose to escalate we may get lost in a quagmire of just who is responsible for ruling on a concern.

For now, we can just keep asking questions, getting clarifications, and providing feedback and updates here and other online forums.

Since the marketing preferences were removed over a year ago after being on the my account for many years, it doesn't seem to be something they are concerned to place any priority on.

Bruce

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

I am not saying any of this is RIGHT or nice at all..  just unfortunately that they are will within their right to do so, etc.

As you stated yourself:
They also say that they will only use my information in accordance with the Carrier's Privacy Policy which is on the Carrier's website.

So that statement alone, means that your information, while yes, was given to the mobile shop.. and then falls under THEIR privacy policy.
They dont give it to Zedd.
But they do need to give it to Rogers, to set up the plan, etc.
And then, you fall under Rogers Privacy Policy... which as I showed... does allow for them to pass that information on to Zedd, etc.

Really, its one of those things.. where it shouldnt be a 'according to these guys here policy which you have to look up yourself'.. but more actually giving it to you.
Unfortunately, legally, in most cases all they have to do is say "Its here.. by clicking/signing, you agree to it".
And its up to you, to actually read it.  But by signing.. you are agreeing.. weither you read it or not.

Like BS said.. these documents are a pain to understand often.
They are written is LEAGAL-ESE... as to try and make sure that there is no loopholes, etc in them. (too much pain english too easy to have miss interpretations)

Being much younger when i got my first place, etc.. got a loan.. and was lead astray by the person at the bank and as to what type it was, etc (was not aware of it being a home equity, etc..)  I didnt do my research enough.. and I didnt read the whole legal document.
Since that time.. I read the whole thing.  I dont give a hoot, that if i am holding up a whole line of people behind me at the store.  I get a new phone, i sit there and read the whole thing, all the details, before I sign.

Really overall, best option right now is to call in and see if you can get the preferences removed

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Side story, as an example.

I used to be very active on the WoW customer support forums.
Mostly, like here, helping out with basic account questions, etc.. that other users could answer, etc.

The amount of time, that you would see someone come in, and complain/rant.. that why was their account banned due to X (account sharing, buying gold/items with real world money, etc).

We would point them to the games Terms of Use.
Which specifically say, you can not do X or Y or Z.  And that any/all could result in account closure.

People say "i didnt read it, i didnt know"
Well, every time a new expansion comes out.. there is an update ToS.  First time you have to log in, you need to Scroll down to the bottom of it, and click accept.
By clicking that button, it assumes that you read it.

As you may recall, Zedd Solutions called my personal cell number after I upgraded my phone to review my services "on behalf of Rogers". I wondered how and the world they got my name, my cell number and that I was with Rogers. This thread discussion said that Section 8. a. ii. of the Rogers Terms of Service allows them to give my information to telemarketers like Zedd Solutions and that is why I was called.

8. Your Privacy
a. What can Rogers do with my account information and personal information?
By entering into an Agreement, you expressly:
i. authorize Rogers to collect and use your current and historical personal location information associated with any device you use under your Agreement(s) in order to provide geo-location services to you, with the ability to opt-out of these services at any time.
ii. agree that your account information may be disclosed to other members of the Rogers Communications Inc. organization, and to our agents, authorized dealers and distributors to service your account, respond to your questions, telemarket (including by way of automatic dialing and announcing devices), and promote additional products and services offered by members of the Rogers Communications Inc. organization. If you do not wish to receive these offers or information, please contact us in any of the ways set out in Section 10(e) below.

Bruce kindly sent Section 10 e. indicating how to tell Rogers that I didn't want to receive their offers or information as indicated above.

i. visit a Rogers store;

I contacted Rogers and here is a synopsis of what transpired.

- I was told that Rogers does not give my information to companies such as Zedd Solutions.

- I was then told the Rogers Terms of Service referred to offers/information  in emails/texts/mail that was sent by Rogers itself.

- I was then told to contact Zedd Customer Solutions to opt out of their calls.

Eventually, I was told I could register on the "internal" do-not-call list. Although I heard it was an "internal" do- not-call list I was also told it related to the CRTC and that it would be in effect for 3 years and I would have to register again in 2019.  [Note: You can complain about telemarketers on the CRTC do-not-call website also]

There was some some doubt as to whether or not Zedd Solutions was supposed to be calling on behalf of Rogers, but I didn't pursue this aspect of the issue. I agree with @gdkitty that the Rogers Terms of Service needs to be stated much more clearly with regard to Privacy as the legal-ese in that document does not help the client at all.

In conclusion if you want to opt out of the unsolicited marketing texts and calls then go to this Rogers site to (hopefully) stop any calls from companies like Zedd Solutions.

Register Number to National Do Not Call List

http://www.rogers.com/web/support/wireless/call/2168?setLanguage=en

I didn't use the site myself as it was done for me, but all my cell phone numbers and my home phone number were registered.  I was informed that it would take 1-2 weeks to update "our" database which I assume is a "Rogers" database.

Best to read the ambiguous Terms of Service before going shopping. By signing or initialling the Terms of Service, we seem to be giving implicit approval for the release of all our personal information with Rogers rather than clear, explicit approval for specific fields of information in the Rogers database. Be safe.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Well, its not just ROGERS.

Read every Terms of service... for Bell, other carriers.. heck probably even your Gas company, etc.
I bet they all have pretty much the exact same thing in there.  Smiley Sad

I think you got a NOT trained well person when you called in.
Its even confirmed in this thread, that Zedd IS a legit 3rd party for Rogers.

Rogers themselves, do have their own perference settings to stop the calls, texts, etc from comming.
Its not USER accessible anymore from the Myrogers.. but they do work.  I had changed mine to remove text and phone... and i havent seen one since then for years.

Trick may be getting the RIGHT person to do this for you Smiley Sad

As for the DNC list

That link there.. is not anything for rogers
Its a canadian Do Not Call list.  Its run by the CRTC.
As it is.. it doesnt actually BLOCK anything from calling you.
All it does, is add your phone call to the database.  Any telemarketer in canada, is suposed to use it, before making any call.
IF they do call you, you are then able to report them, and the company gets fined for the call.

Now, all that being said...
(from the DNC FAQ)

If I register my telephone number on the National DNCL, will I still receive telemarketing calls?

When you register on the National DNCL, you will receive fewer telemarketing calls, but there are some exceptions including:

• registered charities
  • political parties and candidates
  • opinion polling firms or market research firms conducting surveys
  • newspapers calling to sell a subscription
  • organizations that have a business relationship with you, for example:
    • you’ve done business with the organization in the last 18 months
    • you’ve inquired about the organization's products or services in the last 6 months

Since you are in a business relation with Rogers.. they are allowed to telemarketer call you with not being able to be charged by the this.
BUT.. not sure quite where Zedd falls in there.. since they are not rogers.. but its about your rogers account..
might be a grey area inbetween

@Gdkitty wrote:

Since you are in a business relation with Rogers.. they are allowed to telemarketer call you with not being able to be charged by the this.
BUT.. not sure quite where Zedd falls in there.. since they are not rogers.. but its about your rogers account..
might be a grey area inbetween

Based on their Privacy Policy statement below, this Customer Solution firm is required to tell you how to remove your name from marketing lists. If I had known, I would have asked at the time.

Privacy Policy

The [Company] will:

1. Safeguard any information its Clients’ customers share with [Company].
  2. Limit the collection and use of customer information to that required to deliver service to our client’s customers.
  3. Not reveal our client’s customer information to any external person or organization.
  4. Always maintain control over the confidentiality of our client’s customer information.
  5. When asked, tell customers how they may remove their names from marketing lists.
  6. Not use or share – internally or externally – personally identifiable medical information for any purpose other than the selling of, underwriting or administration of a client’s customer policy, claim or account.
  7. Maintain all applicable client files, assuring a complete up to date and accurate record calls.

I'm a Senior Advisor

Thanks for the update - it is interesting that it is our responsibility to ask what they do with our data and to be taken off their internal list.

Bruce

@BS wrote:

Thanks for the update - it is interesting that it is our responsibility to ask what they do with our data and to be taken off their internal list.

Bruce

It appears that a lot of companies are putting first tier Help Desk responsibilities on the customer, including Canon, Apple, Rogers, etc. The use of peer-to-peer customer forums to let customers solve other customers problems  is certainly useful and cheap.  It is an interesting shift from 3-4 tier help desk support model toward the use free labour at the first tier. Perhaps we need to unionize. Smiley Happy 

for them, and a lot cheaper than a Help Desk.   It is an interesting shift of responsibility and free labour.