ZEDD TELEMARKETING/ Fake Rogers ID

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm a Trusted Contributor

Re: ZEDD TELEMARKETING/ Fake Rogers ID

Actually what Jimboden said was that his marketing permissions have never stopped them from calling and that he placed a block on the offending numbers. I can vouch for that as well. Even though we have our marketing permissions set to NOT receive telemarketing calls, we have still received them. We too have used the block feature to put an end to these kinds of calls.
I'm an Advisor

Norah:

Sorry to hear about your account problem. I'm a little confused, though. You mentioned marketing permissions, then mentioned a cell phone. I guess you're having more than one problem with Rogers.

I'm a Trusted Contributor

So sad when a business has to stoop to this level . Kind of along the same lines as the fine print on the advertising ... so annoying when you have to dig out a magnifying glass to read  some VERY pertinent details of what you might be getting in to . 

I've Been Around

I called to ask if the company Zedd comunication was associated with Roger. as they appear on by phone as roger wireless  and was not impressed with response with live chat. i was told that they are not rogers but a third party. then he asked for the reason for the call?  another poor response was thye may work with rogers but are not rogers. when I asked how they got my information and why Rogers is giving my information. the response was Rogers does not give out information without consent.  THIS IS TO ROGERS is someone is using your name and harassing your client do more than tell us to call them and have us removed from there call list or at least own up to the fact that you have hired a 3rd party to call your customer

I'm a Senior Advisor

@Brotherlove69 wrote:

when I asked how they got my information and why Rogers is giving my information. the response was Rogers does not give out information without consent.  THIS IS TO ROGERS is someone is using your name and harassing your client do more than tell us to call them and have us removed from there call list or at least own up to the fact that you have hired a 3rd party to call your customer

I suppose you have to read the fine print in the Rogers Terms of Service. It's always in the fine print somewhere.

Privacy and Confidentiality of Your Information
32. Our corporate and online Privacy Policies are available at
http://www.rogers.com/privacy. To contact our Privacy
Officer in order to access, or obtain more information about,
your personal information held by Rogers, make a privacyrelated
complaint, or obtain a copy of our Privacy Policies:
e-mail us at privacy@rci.rogers.com; or write to Chief Privacy
Officer, Rogers Group of Companies, 333 Bloor Street East,
Toronto, ON M4W 1G9. Further information about how your
personal information is treated when using the Internet Services is
available at http://www.rogers.yahoo.com/privacy.
Personal information collected in connection with the provision of
the Services may be stored and processed in or outside Canada
and may be subject to the laws of other jurisdictions.

Pretty much all your private information is available to companies you deal with and they can share it with other organizations when you click "Agree" at some point and don't carefully read and understand the fine print, which nobody, unless they're a really inquisitive lawyer, does,

SA8300HD, SA8300SD, DTA50, LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
I've Been Around

I've just got a call from them a few mins ago. They know my internet contract is going end soon and they want me to confirm some of my personal information. I told them why should I do that on the phone as I was not sure who they are. Rogers already sent me an email regarding my contract a week ago and everything was done. Many scammers online nowadays so we should be aware of that. 

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

I've Been Here Awhile

It's been 4 years + since this first post came up - and I am still getting calls from this number. When I answer they hang up. 

Should I be worried about it?
Thank you 

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

If it is from Zedd, it is a legit one working for rogers.

As to who/why you may get hung up on, its how the dialer works.
(I am in charge of the phone system here where I work so have some experience in it.)

What happens, is the system may call 10 numbers at one time.
But there may be only 5 agents available to do the actual talking.
The first 5 of those 10 that actually pick up first, get connected to the 5 agents.
Any of the other 5, dont get connected properly.. and the call may just get dropped.

I Plan to Stick Around

Starting to receive calls from 1 (855) 760-4838 since the beginning of this week. They typically call twice a day and when I let the call go to voicemail, they will hang up. Has anyone been successful in getting these calls stopped?  I am aware this is Zedd Solutions Inc. and they are an authorized telemarketing firm used by Rogers. I just prefer not to deal with a 3rd party.