ZEDD TELEMARKETING/ Fake Rogers ID

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Around

ZEDD TELEMARKETING/ Fake Rogers ID

got a call from the caller ID "Rogers Communications" my roommate answered the phone and the person calling from "rogers" gave my personal information to her regarding my internet use and other personal info, she then started asking for credit card info.
when I took the phone and asked her to clarify the reason for the call and asked why my personal information was given to someone who wasn't me the lady hung up. The number that called was +1 (855) 760-4838 and it came up as ROGERS COMMUNICATIONS on my phone. Clearly this company calling has all my information and has no problem sharing it without my consent. I'd like to know why and how this is happening. My info should be secure. I'm outraged. I've asked @rogershelps on Twitter for info but they are ignoring the problem. I called in for help and no one knows anything about it. Why was my info given out to these people? Why did they call and give my roommate my personal info including my internet use? Do you have a privacy rule there?
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: ZEDD TELEMARKETING/ Fake Rogers ID

Zedd is a 3rd part that rogers uses for calling out for special promotions, etc.

But yeah, they shouldn't have done that Smiley Sad.
Asking the person on the phone the information to verify their info sure... But not giving it out.

If you can't get anywhere via the phone, of via Twitter, submit a complaint via the website (usually eventually gets to the office of the president, etc)

I'm a Trusted Contributor

You would think by now that with the many complaints received from customers regarding Zedd, that Rogers would have dropped them as a 3rd party telemarketer. Just the fact that "Rogers Communications' shows up on your caller ID is deceptive in itself. Then, when the caller gives you the impression that they are calling from Rogers and is well aware of so much of your personal information....well, this is just not right. Furthermore, there have been many complaints about how rude their agents can be, how they often hang up on customers or do not even reply when the customer answers their phone call. It really is time that Rogers monitor the companies they use as 3rd party marketers and put an end to using companies that engage in deceptive business practices!
I'm an Advisor

JohhnyRockets:

I completely agree with you. I used to get calls from them as well from 1-855-760-4841. I use RON and blocked the number. I haven't seen them try to call for several months. Theoretically, your marketing permissions should stop this if you do not allow telemarketing calls. I don't allow them in my account settings, but it doesn't always stop some numbers from calling.

I'm an Advisor

I spoke too soon. Yesterday, I received a call form 1-855-760-4841 which is blocked. RON shows all incoming calls, including those which are blocked.

I'm a Trusted Contributor

We used the Rogers On-line manager to block them and have not had a call from then since. On the other hand I do not find the marketing permissions to be particularly effective. Though our permissions are set to NOT receive telemarketing calls, we still get them on occasion!
I've Been Around

Rogers you are on notice. If  I get one more call from this company I will cancel my service with you. 

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Make sure you log into your MYROGERS profile and make sure that your preferences are set to NOT receive any callings.
(the boxes CHECKED means NO CONTACT.. its sort of backwards).

Otherwise.. that means you are saying YES its OK.

I changed my phone settings only.. a few years ago (left that they can still contact me by other means) and i dont think i have received one since.

I'm an Advisor

I read somewhere, possibly on these forums, that there are "exceptions" and you can get calls from certain companies, including Rogers. Said companies may not technically be marketing, so they call under the guise of doing a customer survey. My marketing permissions have never stopped them, so I block the offending numbers.

I Plan to Stick Around

Jimboden, you mention that the cure (perhaps) is to set Marketting Permissions to avoid these nuisance calls.  I have no access to that site, it says that my account is not associated with my Profile.  I checked my Profile, and yes, my account is there.  I have got on live-chat, and on the phone help line. No help so far. I've escalated and had a phone call (voicemail) from Office of the President.  Was expecting a return call today, but not received.  I shall try again on Monday.  Its using up WAY to much of my time to set this resolved, hours and hours and hours. I don't need a phone that badly.  Life was really good without a cell phone (couple of weeks ago!).  Seems the problems with Rogers (and other carriers) are horrendous out there (from my read of the forum.  Maybe more people should just abandon their cell phones, go back to email , or face to face chatting, would be better for society too.  No more walking/driving while talking/texting.  It will save lives, lets go back to better times!

Topic Stats
  • 18 replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 12 in conversation