Would someone please tell me where the private messaage box is?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Would someone please tell me where the private messaage box is?

Although the instructions tell me how to send this private message, I cannot see a link to the private message box.  Please provide.

***Edited Labels***

Solved! Go to Solution.
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: Would someone please tell me where the private messaage box is?

@judyh when you're logged into the forum, your avatar at the upper right hand corner also serves as a link to your profile and mailboxes.  A number overlaying that avatar will indicate that some type of message or mention/response in the forum has occurred.  Select or double click on the avatar and follow the links down to your inbox.  You can respond to any received mail, by using the respond link.  

To send a message to anyone in the forum, select their name, which also serves as a link as a link to their public page.  The page will have a link on the right hand side to "Send this user a private message".  Follow that link to the message composition page.  The message will already be addressed.  Just have to add a title and the appropriate text and hit send.

I Plan to Stick Around

Thank you for the help, datalink.

Tried to use reply but ended up in an endless loop to nowhere.  Thanks for the help.  Did not want to go to live chat yet again and sit and wait for the agent to punch in the script, "I understand how valuable . . . etc."  You know, I wonder whether anyone really appreciates that sort of script.  I certainly do not.  Just a big time waster, and everyone knows it's a script and it seems so insincere.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@judyh, follow this link @RogersMoin to send a message to him.  That link takes you to his public page, where you can use the link on the right hand side to "Send this user a private message".  Fill in the title (message subject) and details and hit the "send message" link in the lower right hand corner.  At some point, @RogersMoin should get back to you with a message.  Just have to watch for a number overlaying your avatar when you're logged in or an email to your own email address notifying you of a received message.  At that point follow the avatar link down to your profile and message inbox. 

Hello, 

@judyh - Thank you for continued patience, we have received your PM. We will reach out to you shortly and work with you to address your billing concern. I appreciate joining the Rogers Community Forums and thank you for your participation. 

@Datalink - as always thank you for your assistance in the Community. 

Cheers,

RogersMoin

I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Would someone please tell me where the private message box is?

Private message disappeared.  Can I retrieve it?

Hi. I had a PM in my box yesterday with some instructions about how to send pertinent info to one of the experts in this group.  The message is not there today, or should I say that I cannot find it.   Are messages not archived after they are opened?  Would the person who sent the message please be kind enough to send it again.  Thank you.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@judyh select the title of this thread to take you to the thread.  Once you're there, take a look above this post, 3 posts up to see my previous instructions.  When you select your avatar at the upper right hand corner to access your profile, you will see a notification bar at the very top which includes 3 icons which are

1.  mentions or kudos on the left (bell icon);

2.  mailboxes in the center (envelope icon); and

3.  number of posts on the right (paragraph icon).  

You may have followed the mentions or kudos link on the left to get to those previous instructions, just guessing.  The sent and received mail is saved so that you can look examine it at a later date.  If you select the envelope icon in the center, it will take you to the mailbox page where you can access previous received and sent messages. 

To send anyone a message, select or click on their name, which also serves as a link to their public page.  On the right hand side of that page is the "Send this user a private message link".  Follow that link to navigate to the message composition page which will show a new message which is already addressed.  Just have to add the subject title and details and hit the "Send Message" link on the bottom right.  

Note that the moderators do have their own @Rogersxxxx tags, but, the collective address is @CommunityHelps.  A message to that address will be answered by any of the moderators who are on duty.  As with the personal tags, the @CommunityHelps has its own public page with a link to "Send this user a private message" link.  

I Plan to Stick Around

Thanks for responding. I did follow your instructions, but as a newbie to this forum I think I goofed and deleted things. Grr 🙂
I Plan to Stick Around

Well by the darn the message is back or I somehow clicked on something that let me see it. Thanks for all the help 🙂
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Thanks to everyone who had the patience to help me with this.  I sure appreciate it.