37 REPLIES 37

Re: Wireless Temporary Suspension

I need to suspend my phone number for 2-3 months

Can you help me?

Thanks!

Hello @Harry9274,

Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums!

We'd be happy to help :). The wireless temporary suspension is available to customers who are temporarily leaving the country and interested in keeping their service without changing their plan. At this time, the offer is only compatible with No Term lines and can be added to the account for a minimum of two months and a maximum of twelve. 

If you would like us to submit the suspension request for your line, please send a private message to @CommunityHelps. For more information on our Private Messaging system, click here.

The Rogers Community Forums hours of operation are Monday-Sunday 8AM-Midnight ET.

Hope this helps!

RogersZia

Hi..i want to suspend my account for 2 months cuz i am away for a while and stuck in india due to covid 19.what should i do.

Hi @Manu94!

If you're looking for help in suspending your account, you've come to the right place.

Please PM us @CommunityHelps and we'll look into this for you. If you're not familiar with our PMing process, you can find instructions here.

Regards,

RogersCorey

p2pg
I've Been Around

Today I tried to suspend one of my lines with Rogers for 4 months while I'm outside Canada, but they said they now want $30/month + tax to suspend (over 350% increase from previous fee). Surely they aren't now charging $30/month for providing no service at all except holding the number?

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@p2pg : It looks like your post was moved to this existing thread on the topic.  See post 18 of this thread for price and limitations.  At least Rogers allow you to suspend and they will hold the pricing as well as the number.  You did, after all, enter into a contract saying that you would pay X/month and now you want to "pause" that contract.

d2c
I've Been Here Awhile

I was not under a term and disappointed with the temporary suspension charge for $30/month. No use of any services during the suspension period but have to pay $30 per month simply to keep the phone number and the plan when returned. Well . . . I, a long-time customer for more than 10 years with Rogers, had 2 lines with Rogers but finally moved one line to other provider last year. What will happen with the other line and when . . . ?  Well . . .    

mag6
I've Been Around

I'm disappointed as well, I'm suspending temporary and my bill came with 30$ plus, instead of saving money is the opposite, I'm not going to use the service, and I will have to pay more, I will change to another company when I will be back, why 30$ more ?? It is unfair!

YilinGuo
I've Been Around

Phone Plan Temporary Suspension from Feb. 2021 to Sept. 2021

Hello,
I will leave Canada in Jan.2021 and be back in Sept. 2021. I want to pause my phone plan from Feb. to Sept. 2021. My plan is post-paid.

When I was with Fido, the suspension fee was $7 a month. I just asked a Rogers CSR, he told me the price is $30 per month. I wonder if there is any cheap way I can do in order to keep my plan? I don't want to change my plan with other companies. I also have over $900 credits remaining at my Rogers account.

Do Rogers still have any policies for the COVID? or any discount?
Thanks

Good day @YilinGuo,

Welcome to the Rogers Community! I hope you're doing well and staying safe.

The cost of the wireless suspension is indeed $30/ month if you're not under a subsidy agreement. You need to let us know ahead of time if you want this to apply to your next billing cycle. 

Unfortunately, the COVID-related relief measures we put at our subscribers disposition in March are no longer offered, at this time.

Hope this helps!

RogersMaude

Hi, i will be visiting my home country for 3 mnths. I have a rogers phone number under 2 years contract with phone. I want to suspend service for the time i will be away. Plz let me know is it possible ?

Hey @Kamal2109!

I hope you enjoy your time away! Definitely be safe, as things right now are a bit turbulent rona wise. Regarding the service suspension, this is certainly a possibility. A couple of things to note, if you do have a device subsidy this does need to be paid off in full before setting the suspension. Once done/If there's no device subsidy, the cost would be $30/month for the duration which can be no less than 2 months and no more than 12 months. For assistance with it feel free to reach out to support at your convenience!

@RogersAndy

Good Morning, 

I would like to kindly get information on my billing. i am mostly out of Canada as i live in kenya, but i come to canada 3 times or more in a year, will it be possible for me to only get charged while i am in canada using my canadian line and not be charged for the months i am not using my canadian line ? is there a product that can work for me? i would like to retain my canadian line. but at the moment i pay a monthly fee without really utilizing it.  please email me on info@rxxxxxxxxxxp.com (Edited: Keep personal info private) if you need to contact me. Thank you

Hello @Liz1967,

Welcome to the community and congrats on your first post with us! 🙂

Regrettably, we are not able to communicate with you via email through this avenue of support, however, we are happy to continue assisting you here in the Rogers Community Forums. 

I understand that you are looking for a way to maintain your existing wireless line so you can use and pay for it only when you are in Canada. There are a few different options that you can consider, please see below:

1. Add a temporary suspension to your wireless line. 

By adding a temporary suspension to your wireless line, you'll be able to pay a lower monthly fee to keep your line active during the time you are away. This option is good for customers who are temporarily leaving the country and are interested in keeping their service without changing their plan. There is a monthly service fee of $30 per month for this offer. The offer is valid for 2 to 12 months for no term plans. If you are on a financing option, your device financing payments will continue to be billed according to your device financing agreement. You can only request this option ONCE per 12-month period.

2. Change to a lower plan.

You may change over to a more cost effective plan while you are away. Keep in mind that by changing your plan, you may not be able to retrieve the previous plan if it is no longer in-market and has since expired.

3. Migrate your wireless line over to a prepaid account.

By moving your line to a prepaid account, you can opt for a much lower price plan that meets your needs. Keep in mind, you would be required to top-up your account each month based on the plan selected, to keep it going. Please have a look a this post in particular to get more info on your prepaid options and to learn how it works!

I hope this helps!!

RogersLaura

Hi 

I've decided to spend a year in my home country (outside of Canada) and would like to suspend my wireless service till the end of August, 2022.

Hello, @User2305959.

Thank you for joining our Community, and for posting your query regarding wireless service temporary suspension.

Hopefully, you had a chance to browse through this thread. We have discussed the eligibility, service fee during the suspension, etc. 

Please send us a private message at @CommunityHelps so we can process the suspension request. You can find details about our private messaging in this blog

Cheers,

RogersMoin

shootingstar3
I've Been Around

I've been working overseas 8 months out of the year since 2016. Every time I call in to suspend my service the fee increases. In 2019 I was paying $12.43 per month,  In 2020 I was paying $16.95 per month, and now for the current year they want to charge me $30 per month plus tax. I've been with Rogers for 10+ years and its ridiculous to pay this much for a service not in use, especially as a loyal customer. I will definitely be looking to switch providers once I can find a more cost effective approach. If anyone on this board can recommend other providers please do.

Topic Stats