Can we suspend a cell phone that is not on contract and still keep the number

***Added Labels***

37 REPLIES 37

Re: Wireless Temporary Suspension

RogersCilio
Retired Moderator

Hey @sly3,

Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums.

Thanks a bunch for the feedback and providing updates to our fellow Community members :).  

We look forward to all your future contributions and insight.

Regards.

RogersCilio

BS
I'm a Senior Advisor

I went through the same discussion a few years back when my daughter went to the US on work placements for 4 months at a time - we looked at a vacation break, and like you learned, it was cheaper to leave it on as the new plans, and loss of important add-ons meant an increase that in 3 months would have wiped out the savings.

They want it all on their terms - you want to stay a customer, they charge you to put your line on hold, but don't hold your existing plan - kind of setting us up to consider other companies if they aren't careful.

So what are you paying the 7.00 for, to keep your phone number I guess?

Bruce

sly3
I've Been Here Awhile

The worse part is that Rogers keep sending me great offers to bring me in as a regular monthly paying customer. I would love nothing better but I don't want to pay while in the US for 4 month out of the year and I'd lose my (offer) rate when I return, so no way I'm ever doing this unless they change their policies.

I don't phone, I don't text, all I use my phone for is Google Maps in Canada and the US,brief web searches and my grocery list on Google. In a year, I might use 10GB of data. Why pay $50-$70/month for that?

I have an unlocked phone, so for me sadly the best option is to remain "pay as you go"  for 8 months and get a US card for 4 months from another vendor. 

Even if that is not really a good option ( for Rogers or me ) , it is the least costly I have found so far for snowbirds.

d2c
I've Been Here Awhile
I just heard while live chatting with Rogers they changed temporary suspension fee to $30/month from $7/month. It seems they don't like providing temporary suspension service ... needless to say 🙂

randomix
I've Been Around
Yep just had a call with them, $30/month now and it has to start with next bill circle, should have called a month ago I guess...
Topic Stats