Wireless Plans & Pricing

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Re: Wireless Plans & Pricing

I wonder if anyone else encountered this.

I've contacted customer service regarding purchasing a new phone. Being a long lasting customer, I figured I would get a good promotion. Instead, I and told theirs nothing they can do and they can only offer to lower my plan which would make my bill cheaper when getting a new phone.

After some long discussions and dealings with very rude representatives. The offer me a 100 good will credit as long as I purchase a new phone.

Then I am also offered a free tablet. Upon more questioning, I find out its a ZTE tablet that is simply terrible and I must sign a 24 month contract.

If I did not due my research, I could have been locked into Rogers with their "free" tablet promotion.

Would love to know what can be done about these deceitful representatives and if better promotions are available???

Highlighted

Hello, @MrSebbo

Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums!

I would like to start by saying we really appreciate your loyalty to the Rogers brand. In the past, we had a device subsidy program where we were able to provide discounts to both your plan and the hardware upgrade costs. Recently, we changed to the device financing program you can learn all about it by clicking here.

With regards to the tablet offer, it is based on a two-year term but there are no monthly fees and no financing costs for the tablet. As long as you keep your wireless plan over the two-year term there are no costs associated with the tablet and you can cancel after the two-year term when the promo ends and keep the tablet.

It definitely was not our intention to mislead you in any way which is why all of the details regarding the tablet offer was disclosed to you before agreeing. 

RogersTony

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Thank you for the reply but the details were not disclosed to me about the tablet until I looked it up online on my own. That's very deceiving, and what I don't understand is that now instead of customers being able to get a new phone at a low price, you now have to pay for it monthly? I just don't understand the benefits to that in the least.

I would love for that to be explained to me.