Why is MyPix being deleted?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Why is MyPix being deleted?

I just received a "reminder" that MyPix is being deleted on March 15 (in quotes because this is the first I've heard of it) and I'm curious about what's going on. Why is it being discontinued? Will it be replaced with another, better service? I can't receive picture messages on my phone so the only way I have to view them is to log into rogers.com and check them out in my album. Unless and until I'm able to upgrade, this is going to be kind of a loss for me.

***edited labels***

Solved! Go to Solution.
I'm a Senior Advisor

Re: Why is MyPix being deleted?

Yes, the announcement is found on the My Pix page as well. Unfortunately, it does not say why it is being taken away. It is typical of Rogers though to hit their customers with a double whammy - reduce the services and increase the price. There is more in the following thread: http://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/forums/forumtopicpage/board-id/Other_mobile_device/thread-id/75...

I've Been Here Awhile

Thanks. I saw that thread before I posted my question, actually. It doesn't address the question at hand: why is Rogers discontinuing the service and will we see anything taking its place? Surely there must be some explanation.

Retired Moderator RogersJean
Retired Moderator

The reason MyPix is being decommissioned is we switched our whole SMS and MMS platform to an internal system (before it was handled with a 3rd party). This change improves efficiency and allows us more control those services, unfortunetely the current MyPix is not compatible with this change. I have heard rumours of a similar MyPix service being avalaible down the road on this new platform but nothing concrete.

I will keep the community informed as soon as I get more information.

I've Been Around

I know it's a bit late, but is there a way we can retrieve the files stored in MyPix? I didn't see/receive the shutdown notice and it took me several months before I realize the service is no longer offered by Rogers. I have plenty of images stored there and did not back up the files elsewhere...

I'm a Trusted Contributor

Unfortunately, I think you are more than a bit late! It is not just several months now but several years. Anything stored in MyPix is now gone! As mentioned by a previous poster, many services that used to be offered by Rogers are long gone. The similar MyPix service being offered down the road mentioned above also never materialized! Smiley Sad