Why does the Rogers website suck so bad?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Here Awhile

Re: Why does the Rogers website suck so bad?

It is bizarre how awful their website is.  Most times I cannot log on and when I look into the rewards program it pretty much freezes.  It's seems like it is intentional so that points cannot be redeemed.

Retired Moderator RogersArthur
Retired Moderator

Hi @eune,

Thank you for your post and Welcome to the Community Forums!

I can imagine you maybe frustrated due to the freezing and the inconveniences it may have caused you. We would love the opportunity to troubleshoot your issue. Has the freezing been happening for long or is it recent? Does it only freeze when you log into your MyRogers account or freezes the moment you start navigating on the rogers.com website? Which browser are you using? I would suggested deleting your browser history/cookies, or test using another browser or if possible test from another device or PC.

Thanks,
RogersArthur

I've Been Here Awhile

Hi @RogersArthur,

Sometimes I cannot log in at all as it does not recognize my password or my security question answer.

I have been trying to upgrade my phone but it freezes and will not allow me to see my options.  I have tried to do this on 3 different computers.  I would like to apply my awards points to my upgrade before they expire as I just received a notice that Rogers is getting rid of the award point program.

Retired Moderator RogersAliciaG
Retired Moderator

@eune

I would like to help you get back logged into your MyRogers profile. 

I am going to reach out to you via PM from CommunityHelps.

Regards,

RogersAliciaG

I'm Here A Lot

Hi 

I was just wondering why a compagny like Rogers cannot come up  with a website that will allow customers to change their plans , without going going throught the customer service. 

Last time i spoke with 3 different agents just to change my plan : one gave me the unlimited local , the other pay off my tab , and the other confirmed that everything was fine. I had to speak with a 4th agent to get the situation resolve. 

Koodo has a self serve that allow you to change your plan and do some others things. 

I think it will benefit us and also rogers. We will learn to be more independant.

BTW i have a premium Tab and i cannot have 4GB for $75.00 , but $4GB for $80.00 . Can you explained me why ?

I've Been Around

Rogers wedsite is the worst for a big cable company. It's slow as snail. Please get rid of those stupid dots jumping maybe it will be faster. 

I Plan to Stick Around

If it's just Rogers website that's slow then I wonder if it might have something to do with your cookies or maybe your email or password has been changed or compromised  and the dancing dots are trying to verify that it's really you!  Or maybe there are so many people trying to sign in at the same time that logging in gets slowed right down, Just a guess...

Those dancing dots which I like to refer to them as, are the same difference as a spinning beach ball or a rotating gear...it's attempting to sign you in to Rogers, (at least that's what it does on my computer.)

A few years ago Rogers website was kind of a mess and very problematic just trying to see your bill to everything else like TV listings etc. 

Now compared to then, Rogers website is greatly improved.

There is loads of info to access through this one website and because it's so much easier to find your way around, through great spacing and bright red fonts etc.,  I don't feel like I am running through a maze of confusion. Time spent in Rogers website is much more productive now. IT's much more user friendly.

You just have to sign in and in one or two clicks, there is your balance owing and all your services. 

The jumping or dancing colourful dots at sign in, I think are kind of unique to Rogers , like a signature. (That's how I see it!)

5d44323776cea653ea8fdaed34ef41aa--quotes-about-being-positive-positive-thoughts-quotes.jpg

' There is a crack in everything, that's how the light gets in.'
Leonard Cohen
I've Been Here Awhile

excellent points.

Thanks for posting this. You are so right that it's been 3 days and I still cannot see an account overview. Ridiculously locked and stuck. It kis a shame that Rogers of all websires has the worst website I view daily.

I've Been Here Awhile

I posted earlier but, I believe the problem is with Microsoft Edge. I was able to see my Rogers info with Internet Explorer. I don't think it'r a Rogers problem.
I've Been Around

I can't agree more ....  I moved from supposedly inferior "Chatr" to supposedly upscale Rogers.  MyRogers is horrible, slow, laggy, and makes MyChatr looks premium !!!!