Why does the Rogers website suck so bad?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: Why does the Rogers website suck so bad?

Would he not be the one then to have push people internaly to change it then?

I would recomend posting about this in the IDEABOX, as that is more where stuff will get looked at/implemented from.  (vs this forum is user to user help primarily).

Been a while since i did it on mobile, so just tried.
USED to work fine on my phone... just experienced a lockup on the phone select page itself.  Was fine on the main starting rogers.com page.

Some other sections, seem fine.

Best corilation i can find, at the moment... all the pages that i just locked up on.... were all the new more 'flashy' designed ones, the scrolling menu/add things like on the phone page.. a page like the channel lineup page, loads fine.

I Plan to Stick Around

just confirmed ... the 91% stat which I mentioned above is for hits to the "wireless" section ... which is the section that always freezes up when trying to select a device by brand or operating system
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello pconeill

I have posted about this on the Idea Box & have contacted Rogers online support about this ( Head office in Toronto). They did tell me they are on the verge of fixing it.

Honestly this has been going on for years tho.
I Plan to Stick Around

nice ... all we want is a seamless reliable site that can handle these basic requests. Thanks Rogers for looking into this
I've Been Around

web sites can be slow for many reasons, some of which include your computer. I Defrag and scan mine weekly and my internet seldom misbehaves, Rogers may not be the greatest, but they do OK when I run speed tests. I also have a large, fast hard drive with adequate free space.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello whitetv

The Rogers site just a few weeks ago started getting better. When the OP / other posts complained about it, it was with the older design which caused the site MANY issues. With the new design of the website, it works a bit better & has less issues. It still is slow at times & has issues but not as many as it did before.
I've Been Around

Hate login into website.

When I get in I have had where the website didn't have my information.

other times it couldn't process a payment.

Website needs to be more reliable!!

I've Been Around

It is the worst site on the internet.  Every time I try to log on, I can go to the kitchen, make myself a sandwich, do a load of laundry and come back to still see it trying to load.  Their attempt at trying to carpet bomb clients with advertisements has make their site useless.  All I typed on the search engine was "Rogers website is..."  and "the slowest" was the first autofill.  And this is who leads us.

I'm a Senior Advisor

Time to upgrade from dial-up? Smiley Tongue

Seriously, while it's not blazing fast compared to simpler sites, it does access a lot of features and data when you're logged in. My complaint would be how complicated it is to see what channels you're supposed to receive.

SA8300HD, SA8300SD, DTA50, LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
I'm Here A Lot

I second that. It's ridiculous that there isn't an easy way to view the channels available channels. Ideally I'd like to see TV listings as well, but even just a listing of the channels I can actually watch so I can add them to my Zap2It TV listings preferences would be appreciated. As it is, I seldom watch any channel that I wasn't watching before they converted to their terrible digital service (i.e. 2-60) and forced me to start using their terrible digital tuner.

The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.
- George Bernard Shaw, Man and Superman (1903) "Maxims for Revolutionists"