Why does the Rogers website suck so bad?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: Why does the Rogers website suck so bad?

While the grass MAY seem greener on the other side, it may be spray painted? Smiley Happy

Some of the navigation stuff on the site is a little funny.. could be cleaned up to just make it EASIER.... like the download PDF of your bill most people think is a download for the terms and condtions they are so close together.

But the only MAJOR trouble i have with the site.. is like you said jbird.. the servers almost seem overloaded at times.. like too many customers at once, etc.

When i check at times early in the morning, etc usualy, its pretty quick... likely as very few on it.

I've Been Around

I would have to agree with you.  Almost 90% of the time I check my bill i am unable to access certain information. Information such as the amount of data i used that month. The page reloads stating,"rogers is unable to access your account at this time". At least i dont have Rogers internet, just think if their service ran as bad as their site.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Only time i have ever not been able to access my internet or phone usage, is the day of (or sometimes one before or after) my billing cycle.. or sometimes LATE at night durring maintenance.
Generally, when i access durring the day, everything loads fine (using IE).

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello MitchSpeech

That we all have to agree on. Like Gdkitty said, that will show the day of the billing cycle or when there is a late night maintenance.

The site is known to have issues tho.
I Plan to Stick Around

Aug 27 2013 and Rogers still doesn't care that the website still freezes ... even when using S4 or any device for that matter. Try for yourself, from the main Rogers.com page click on "wireless" then select "phones". NOW ... try clicking any link below to see a certain device and please document your experience on this thread. Rogers does not seem to care AT ALL!!
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Agreed, the website itself, is NOT overly mobile friendly, even on the fastest smartphone... just the layout, the way the menus work,, etc.

BUT.. the website, at least at this exact time of posting, works fine.
On a PC, 10mb fibre connection with bell, took me less that 20 seconds, from typing in the address on the browser, to menu, to wireless, to pick a phone catagory, to pick a phone and into that phones details. (and this is even using IE).

Part of the freezing issue, etc could be how the mobile browser is possibly having issues loading it.  Which is something they should fix then, as many are using mobile devices even as their primary internet device now.
(I have seen images of a new layout/design.. maybe it will be more friendly)

I Plan to Stick Around

connecting from a desktop is cool - sometims and only sometimes ... but 91% of hits to Rogers.com are from mobile devices. Why would a company of this caliber not want to make sure the 91% can access the site without issue. Ill never understand, this has been going on for over 6 years ... blackberry, iphone, galaxy ... it doesn't matter. I wonder how many potential customers were lost behind this issue.
I'm Here A Lot

Where do you get the stat that 91% of users connect using mobile devices?
The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.
- George Bernard Shaw, Man and Superman (1903) "Maxims for Revolutionists"
I Plan to Stick Around

Web Analyst friend who works for Rogers in Brampton, ON
I Plan to Stick Around

even if the % is less than 91, why wouldn't the so called "leader" in Canadian telecomunications have a fully functional website for 2013 ?????