Why does internet cost more in a bundle then it does standalone ?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Why does internet cost more in a bundle then it does standalone ?

I'm a little confused, and I think I just made a support person with Rogers confused as well as they can't explain it either.

According to my rogers bundle, I pay $117.99 before taxes, discounts, and modem fee for IGNITE INTERNET 500u.

So $117.99 is the base price of my internet in my bundle.

Now on Rogers website for my area, the base price of IGNITE INTERNET 500u comes in at $84.99 before taxes, discounts, and the $10 modem fee.

So I called Billing as I figured they drop the prices and it be nice to upgrade to GIGABIT as it's only $5 more and I had it before when it was $20 more then 500u.

No matter what billing tried, the bill always came out for the GIGABIT to be well over. And when inputting the 500u that I am already on it always came out being the $117.99 not the $84.99. No matter what he try, he couldn't put either package in for the standalone prices of $84.99 or $89.99.

So what's the deal here, thought bundles were to save money, not add in money to other areas.

***EDITED LABELS***

Re: Why does internet cost more in a bundle then it does standalone ?

Good afternoon @Elochai,

Thank you for your post! Making sure you get the best pricing on your residential services is key.

We most definitely want to help you shed some light on this!

To do so, we'll need more information from you.

Are you referring to Ignite Internet packages or a Ignite TV bundle (with internet)?

What province are you from?

Looking forward to your reply!

RogersMaude

I Plan to Stick Around

I have a Bundle as I already stated. The internet plan on my bundle is Rogers Ignite 500u and it's base price shows on my bill at $117.99 before any discounts.

On Rogers website under internet packages. Rogers Ignite 500u for my Province (Newfoundland) is $84.99.

So according to this, if I buy internet without a bundle, I'd pay $84.99 for the service. I get a bundle and the price jumps to $117.99 for the service. So buy having my internet in a bundle Rogers is adding $33 to the plan for it. Where as my internet should be showing on my bundle at $84.99 (The same as anyone just buying internet only) then my discounts taken off from that for picking a bundle.

Like I said, I figured Rogers drop the prices and I was gonna upgrade to Gigabit at $89.99 but that is not the case as even the prices for Gigabit is hiked up within a bundle compared to just buying the internet by itself.

Rogers Internet Packages500u_plan.jpg

From my bill for my Bundle

500u_bundle.jpg

Thank you for your reply @Elochai!

We want ensure our customers receive the best experience from our products and services so in 2019, we simplified our pricing and improved our selection. To meet the needs of all our customers, we launched new internet packages with speeds to support any number of people and devices.

On January 31st, we updated our new Atlantic packages with Ignite Internet 500u. I completely understand your desire to get the best bang for your buck.

The bundle discounts you currently benefit from might not be compatible with the new Internet packages.

However, we could certainly review your account, to see if it is possible to lower the cost of your current services with a new bundle.

Please send us a Private Message to @CommunityHelps and we can get started. If you're unfamiliar with our Private Messaging system, check out our Blog.

RogersMaude

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

I don't want to change my bundle package other then getting the best value for my internet. I'm happy with my TV and Phone Line. I'd be happy to continue paying what I'm paying if Rogers where to upgrade my internet from 500U to the Gigabit even tho the website prices are lower for Gigabit base price then what the base price is on my bill.