Why does Rogers not care about keeping its customers?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Why does Rogers not care about keeping its customers?

So I have my internet and TV services with Rogers. I have the Hybrid Fibre 60 plan and went over the limit last month and though maybe it was time to upgrade to the new Rogers Ignite 100u unlimited plan. I naively thought that I could call up Rogers and simply upgrade to the new internet plan, no big deal right? Well apparently it is.

In order to change my internet plan I have to reconfigure my internet-TV bundle. Currently with my TV package I get my Netbox discounted to a zero payment and in another two years, I will pay $1 and own it.  This I was told would be wiped out. So why would I be willing to pay Rogers more money for the internet and then be disadvantaged with my TV package and be forced once again to pay indefinitely for the crappy Netbox hardware. I was quite upset and after an hour on the phone of getting nowhere I gave up.

It gets worse; I get a call from Rogers yesterday. I think this may be an opportunity to get things straightened out. They are calling me, they want to keep my business right? Apparently not. I explain at the beginning of the call my conversation with Rogers and what I am looking for – I want to upgrade my Internet and I do not want to be paying more for my TV package and I do not want to lose my rent to own Netbox or have to start paying for it.

Oh yes yes, we can do that – over an hour on the phone and it is sounding good. I am told that once the 3 month promotion is over I will be charged $183 for the two services and I will still be on the rent to own. When I ask for a full breakdown of what the pending charges would be for both services – they will not provide it. I am only told the total combined for both services.

Still it sounds pretty reasonable to me, I wait another 20 minutes for the “verification” person where things are spelled out – it is there where it is confirmed that the Netbox fee has been added back to my charges. Now I am really upset, have now wasted hours on the phone and feel I have been misled. I inform Rogers that I am not interested – I had let them know what I wanted at the start and if they could not provide it, they just should have said so.

I am now livid. I was lied to and misled and I think it is unconscionable for Rogers try to get you to switch plans while refusing to provide you with a breakdown of what you will be paying for. Did I mention that I have been a customer since 1997 and we also have wireless services with them? We have given Rogers a boatload of money over the years and they could care less about customer service, customer retention or having forthright business practices.  We’ve had a litany of issues with Rogers over the years but I think this is the final straw.

***Edit Labels***

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: Why does Rogers not care about keeping its customers?

I think a lot comes down to WHICH rep you get, etc.

Initially, when i first called in when the ignite packages came out.. first rep or two, i was told much the same thing.. that i HAD to change all my servies.

Talking to someone later, I had confirmed that no you DON'T have to change all your services.

Though, durring that call, they did ask me to wait a while..
They DID come back then with a change to my overall packge though.  But it was to my advantage.
I did have a %40 discount on TV services only... but then came back with a %25 on net, tv and phone w/ one free box rental.  Was a cheaper discount overall.

Also durring this, they were able to provide me with a breakdown. They emailed me a 'quote' with the broken down changes.. what the charges should be, etc.

Retired Moderator RogersPrasana
Retired Moderator

Hi @bowie

That would be very frustrating to deal with and I’d like to help by looking into your services for you.

Since the issue you’ve described involves accessing your account, I’m going to reach out to you via private message from @CommunityHelps team. Please check our messages from the envelope icon in the top right hand side of your screen of the Forums page.

@RogersPrasana

I've Been Here Awhile

Well I have now spoken with 3 different reps with no satisfaction. They refused to give a breakdown over the phone and I was sent an email yesterday with the quote - again no breakdown only a total amont and it stated my pending fees would be $60 a month more than I was promised over the phone (keeping in mind the upgrade was $15). 

I'm a Senior Advisor

Good luck with your efforts - I too have been through the same - I called it bait and switch to the CSR. Offer me something better, more options, had to keep pushing to get a full breakdown in changes, and ultimately learned it cost me more and removed important services.

Ultimately, I was basically stuck with it because I accidently agreed, not knowing all the information. It was when I called back 1/2 hour later to clarify a lingering question that I got the full clarification and informed that there was no going back.

At least you didn't accidently say yes.  Do correspond with the moderator who contacted you.  Possibly a new face can look over the details, has a clear understanding because she can read and clarify your concerns.  If still not satisfied, you always have the option of escalation.  Yes more time on your side, and you may not get a resolution that you are satisfied with, but worth a try.  Or go shopping for other services, or do as others have done in response - it will cost me more money, so I am asking you to cancel this service, that service, etc, etc. 

But yes there is certainly little flexibility being given to the first level support reps (my observation), and often their hands are completely tied and you are forced to move upwards, and usually have to tell the whole story again.  Further, they often have poor knowledge of the older plans and how to make these plan by plan feature/cost, terms, etc comparisons which is what I always ask them to do.  When escalating, to avoid that having to repeat your story (the most frustrating thing in the world for me), I have the first rep read back my concerns from their documentation, and dictate exactly what you want said, then ask the next rep to read it and address your concerns.  Saves time and you can enjoy a beer, coffee, or tea while you wait for them to figure it all out.  And don't be afraid to say, "this is exactly what I want from you, how can you help me."  Sometimes higher levels, even though their hands are tied too have more availability to creative solutions.

Again, I feel your pain as I have too experienced it.  Good luck on your journey whatever you decide.

Bruce

I've Been Here Awhile

I filled out the information as requested by the Rogers Rep but there was no one there to assist me.....

Hello, @bowie

Thank you for filling out the form, we are looking into your account and we will update you through "CommunityHelps". We appreciate your patience.

Regards,

RogersMoin

I'm a Senior Advisor

Sometimes, you just can't win!!  Hang in there.  Bruce

I've Been Around

Bowie,

I have the same dilemma and received the same type of lip service, also a customer since they brought the Internet to my street, roughly the same time frame.  I am planning to switch my service provider.

Alnashir