cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why aren't the regional voicemail numbers published within Rogers Support pages?

jelep
I've been around

Hi support team,

why aren't the regional voicemail numbers published within Rogers Support pages?

i found a list of numbers numbers in post at howardforums.com, through a Google Search.

https://www.howardforums.com/showthread.php/913346-Rogers-GSM-Voicemail-Retrieval-Numbers

To ensure Rogers Communications, is commited to its customers' information protection and ensure the they have a good sense of security, please publish a detaild list of regional voicemail numbers that would be accessible through the customer portal site.

Thanks!

Jeff

**Labels Added**

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Why aren't the regional voicemail numbers published within Rogers Support pages?

Pauly
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

hello jelep,

A while back some bad apples were using the voicemail numbers to send spam voicemails to peoples phone without making their phone ring. Rogers had to improvise so they separated the retrieval and deposit numbers, it cut back on the spam but the spam still persisted.  I have a feeling they purposely are not revealing the numbers and only provide it by calling in to the support centre.   They can also provision your phone wirelessly thru a resend to switch and it will update the correct voicemail deposit/retrieval numbers on your device based on the node you are assigned.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Re: Why aren't the regional voicemail numbers published within Rogers Support pages?

Pauly
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

hello jelep,

A while back some bad apples were using the voicemail numbers to send spam voicemails to peoples phone without making their phone ring. Rogers had to improvise so they separated the retrieval and deposit numbers, it cut back on the spam but the spam still persisted.  I have a feeling they purposely are not revealing the numbers and only provide it by calling in to the support centre.   They can also provision your phone wirelessly thru a resend to switch and it will update the correct voicemail deposit/retrieval numbers on your device based on the node you are assigned.

Topic Stats
  • 1 reply
  • 1 Like
  • 2 in conversation