Voicemail Prompt Levels: Help article not accurate

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Here Awhile

Voicemail Prompt Levels: Help article not accurate

instructions for changing voicemail prompt levels can be found here.

The section I am having trouble with is point #5:

5. From the Administrative Options menu, select Prompt Level by pressing 3.

• You will then be able to change your Prompt Level to:
    • Standard by pressing 1
    • Extended by pressing 2
    • Rapid by pressing 3
  • Extended Prompt Levels prevent callers from leaving messages.

This does not correspond to what I hear when I follow them. pressing 1 turns the prompt on, 2 turns the prompt off and 3 plays the prompt for me to hear.

I'd like to know how I can use the "Extended" prompt to prevent callers from leaving messages exactly as described above. I'd like to have a message that says something to the effect of "don't leave me a message because I won't dial in to listen to it. Send me a text or email instead."

How can I do that?

***Edited Labels***

Re: Voicemail Prompt Levels: Help article not accurate

Hello @robertjb,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Rogers Community Forums! 😃

I know how important it is to ensure your Voicemail is set up the way you like so you don't miss any important messages and so that anyone who is contacting you will know how to reach you.

Changing the Prompt Levels are only available on "Enhanced Voicemail" do you know what type of voicemail you are currently subscribed to? It should show up on your Bill in the detailed view for each service that you have. Let us know which Voicemail your subscribe to and we can take a closer look at this for you if it is still not working.

I hope this helps!

RogersTony

I've Been Here Awhile

Hi and thanks for the reply. According to the "Plan Details" on MyROGERS page, it is Enhanced Voicemail.

Hope that helps.

Hello @robertjb,

Thanks for confirming! Please follow the steps below to set up the extended absence greeting:

1. Please call your VM,
  2. On the main menu press 4 for personal options,
  3. Then press 3 to change the greeting and then, Select 2 for extended absence,
  4. It will make you record something then press #.

Let us know if you run into any issues!

RogersTony

I've Been Here Awhile

Ok, thanks. I didn't know that "extended" meant "extended absence." Would be good if the instructions were more precise.
And since there's no definitely of what extended absence means, am i to assume that it means that callers cannot leave s message?
Thanks
I've Been Here Awhile

Sorry, i see the instructions clearly states that extended doesn't allow callers to leave a message.
Thanks for your help
Highlighted

Hello @robertjb,

You are correct, it is a message that you record advising whoever is trying to contact you, to contact you by other means, in your case a text or an email.

They will not be able to leave a message only listen to the message you have recorded. By following the steps outlined above you can record the Extended Absence prompt and once you have recorded it, it becomes active.

To deactivate the Extended Absence prompt follow the same steps above except on the 3rd step after pressing "3" you will select "1" to turn on the Standard prompt again. Going forward once the Extended Absence prompt is recorded you can activate it in that menu by pressing "2".

Feel free to post again if you have any additional questions!

RogersTony

I've Been Around

I did these steps, then tested by calling with my wife's Bell cell phone, and was still able to leave a message!

Hello @bruxtech,

Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums!

Congrats on your very first post. I can imagine how disappointing it was to try the steps outlined for the Extended Absence greeting and find that it did not work for you.

When you called and got the voicemail was it your usual greeting message that you received or was it the one that you recorded when the Extended Absence was enabled? Is this for your Wireless Voice mail or a Rogers Home Phone Voicemail?

We look forward to your response!

RogersTony