Voice Mail not answering now that I'm in the US

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Here Awhile

Voice Mail not answering now that I'm in the US

I am from Canada, and am now in the US for 2 months.  We have the Roam Like Home package.  Since we arrived in the US my voicemail on my phone is no longer answering.  Anyone have any experience with this?

***Edited Labels***

Retired Moderator RogersGabrielle
Retired Moderator

Re: Voice Mail not answering now that I'm in the US

Good Afternoon @JMcIntyre,

Welcome to the Community Forums! 

Sorry to hear you are having trouble accessing your voicemail. Are you able to place other calls successfully?

To dial into your voicemail are you holding down "1"?  What is the error message you are getting when you dial in?

What type of device do you have?

Let us know so we can further troubleshoot!

@RogersGabrielle

I've Been Here Awhile

The problem is that my voice mail is not answering.  People call and it just rings and rings.  Thanks in advance for any help you can give me!

Retired Moderator RogersGabrielle
Retired Moderator

@JMcIntyre

Thank you for providing further details on the issue you are having. I would like to take a deeper look into your issue and help you resolve this.

I’m going to send you a private message from @CommunityHelps. Please check your message via the envelope icon that appears on the top right-hand side of your screen when you are logged in to the forums.

@RogersGabrielle

I'm Here A Lot

This problem still exists today (9/21/17).  I work in the US and live in Canada and when I switch over to AT&T, voicemail doesn't pick up.  I spoke with Rogers tech support and they said they're working on a software fix.  I keep getting updates via email that they're still "working on it" but it's frustrating that Rogers didn't advise their customers that a feature I've been paying $5/month for doesn't completely work.  Hopefully this will be resolved soon.

Hello @dcisw,

Welcome to the Community Robot Happy!

I know it's important to be able to access voicemail messages, especially if they can only be stored for 3 days.  

Have you ever tried dialing 187-ROGERS-VM (1-877-643-7786) to access your voicemail? You may also find this page about Accessing Voicemail Remotely helpful with your query.

Please keep us posted if the above options worked for you.

RogersZia

I'm Here A Lot

It’s not that I can’t dial into my voicemail, it’s that when people call me, it just rings and rings and then goes to a busy signal. The voicemail doesn’t answer the call. There’s a case number already open from tech support but it’s still not fixed.

Hello @dcisw,

Thank you for clarifying the issue for me. How long has this problem been going on? Were you ever able to receive voice messages when outside of Canada? Do you still have the ticket number? We may have to take a closer look into your account to identify/resolve this issue for you.

Please send us a PM @CommunityHelps so we can assist you further. If you're not familiar with our private messaging system please visit the blog here

RogersZia

I'm Here A Lot

Case # C126033406

Retired Moderator RogersPrasana
Retired Moderator

Hi @dcisw

I'd be happy to take a closer look into your case.

To do so please send us a PM @CommunityHelps so we can assist you further. If you're not familiar with our private messaging system please visit the blog here

RogersPrasana 

Order Now!
Wilder vs. Ortiz II Live
LIVE: Saturday, November 23, 2019 8PM ET
Channels: 348 (HD) | 350 (SD) | Ignite TV 499
Price: $74.99 (HD) | $69.99 (SD) | Ignite TV $74.99
DTV can order on Nov. 21st & Ignite TV customers can order now!

Reigning heavyweight world champion Deontay "The Bronze Bomber'' Wilder takes on his most dangerous challenger as he defends his WBC title in a rematch against once-beaten Cuban slugger Luis "King Kong'' Ortiz.

Topic Stats
  • 15 replies
  • 6 Likes
  • 7 in conversation