Voice Mail from Rogers regarding cell phone account. 855-862-6423

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Around

Re: Voice Mail from Rogers regarding cell phone account. 855-862-6423

This number has called me 61 times since March 5th, 2014.

I've sinced installed a call blocking app (root call blocker pro) so I don't have to check and delete the voicemail everytime they call. The app sees that number picks up and immediately hangs up. I've explained that I'm not the person they're looking for and I must have gotten their recycled phone number. Since I can't give them an account number they won't do anything for me. In February of this year my 3 year contract will be over and they're still calling.

Good evening Community!

While it is important to be cautious regarding ongoing phishing scams from calls, text messages or emails, I wanted to shed some light on the situation being discussed in this thread.

The telephone number 1-855-862-6423, is in fact the Number Displayed when our Credit Operations department gets in touch with customers.

This is the number specific to Wireless only accounts. They handle payment arrangements and will notify you in case your account is past due or about to be suspended, for example, in order to prevent any measures from being taken.

If you need to contact them directly, you can do so by telephone, by dialing 1-800-267-2070 or by entering the short code *567. Their hours of operations are :

• Monday to Friday: 7:00 am - midnight ET
  • Saturday: 7:30 am - 9 pm ET

If you are being contacted by a representative from that team and you don't have a wireless account, kindly advise the agent you are speaking with that you no longer, or never had, ties with the person we are trying to reach and to have your number removed from the dialer.

You may also reach them by live chat by accessing our Contact Us page and clicking on "Outstanding Accounts & Billing Inquiries" :

Sans titre.png

And then, click on "Start Chat" on the bottom left corner of your page. The chat session will open in that window.

Hope this helps!

RogersMaude

I'm a Senior Advisor

@RogersMaude wrote:

The telephone number 1-855-862-6423, is in fact the Number Displayed when our Credit Operations department gets in touch with customers.

This is the number specific to Wireless only accounts. They handle payment arrangements and will notify you in case your account is past due or about to be suspended, for example, in order to prevent any measures from being taken.

So how does this explain the call @Thirsty is talking about in Message 8? His company pays the bills through a corporate plan, so is presumably the account holder, but the collector was trying to collect from him personally.  Should he have just said call the company accountant if you want more money?

Oh, and I do understand how the number got blacklisted as a scammer because anybody can report unverifiable nagging callers on the Internet.

SA8300HD, SA8300SD, DTA50, LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
I've Been Around

I got a call from this number and followed up with Rogers billing.  They said it was a scam. 

I've Been Around

I have also received calls from this number. I had my voicemail deactivated because of so many scammers, so no message was left. I never answer numbers I do not know, so I never spoke to anyone. I check the number & either call back or wait till they call again & answer. I checked this number online first, then spoke to Rogers via Twitter AND calling them myself. This is a SCAM. It’s called a vishing scam. They are able to copy/mimic a phone number &/or caller ID. I myself have NO REASON for them to contact me. I’ve been a Rogers Wireless customer over 15 years now, my bill is paid IN FULL every month, & have never owed any money to Rogers. And Rogers will never ask anyone for information they should already have. The only thing they MAY do is verify your identity, but it won’t EVER be financial info. They also will not get ANGRY or scream if you are wary & want confirmation. PLEASE EVERYONE, do not give them any info. Hang up & call Rogers directly. I believe you can use *611 on your Rogers cell, or just go to their website & get the number.
I'm a Trusted Contributor

The phone that I switched from Rogers to a different company  no longer gets scam calls  ... still the same number  .  Makes ya wonder just whats up . Smiley Wink

I'm a Senior Advisor

@barndoor wrote:

The phone that I switched from Rogers to a different company  no longer gets scam calls  ... still the same number  .  Makes ya wonder just whats up . Smiley Wink

It would appear that Rogers is not as good at blocking spam calls as your new company.

SA8300HD, SA8300SD, DTA50, LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
I'm a Trusted Contributor

Yup .! Never really thought about it ...till I read this thread . Its  been a almost two years since  I've had one . Used to be every other week with Rogers .  I can only guess it has to do with how important your customers are to you.  Smiley Wink

I've Been Around

This appears to be a collection agency acting on behalf of Rogers. In the past year I have received 2 calls but did not return them and, instead, checked my account online. In the first case my credit card had expired and required updating. In the 2nd case my credit card was reissued with a new number and I similarly had to update as my automated payment had been declined.