cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

View daily data usage and texts

samanthada11
I've Been Around

Did Rogers remove the ability to view daily data usage? Also, are we still able to see a list of which numbers we've texted and called over the month? Can someone please walk me through how to view these, if they're still available? The new site is very confusing. 

Thanks!

****Edit Labels****

29 REPLIES 29

Re: View daily data usage and texts

Gdkitty
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

This is all for cellular i assume??

That i can recall, there never was the spot/option BEFORE the billing was posted.. IE: if you had started your next billing cycle, couldnt view that info for the current, until your bill was posted at the end of the month.

Currently you can see a total of how much data, voice, etc of the the plan was used so far this month, not details yet though. 
By clicking on your cellular number, down with your services on the main MYROGERS page.

Once your bill for the last month has been posted.. you can then go into your bill details (view bill).  Then click on your wireless number.
In there, gives an overview of data, voice, etc used.  Clicking on details, then takes you to a page of the more details of each call, etc.

OLDYELLR
I'm a Senior Advisor

@samanthada11 wrote:

Did Rogers remove the ability to view daily data usage? Also, are we still able to see a list of which numbers we've texted and called over the month? Can someone please walk me through how to view these, if they're still available? The new site is very confusing. 

Thanks!

****Edit Labels****

I don't know what kind of account you have, but I can view the last 20 transactions on my PayGo and 3 months back. That disappeared when the "changes" came, but it's back now. only I have to go the "scenic route" to find it.

After going to View Rogers Bill, I click My Rogers Profile, then Bills & Payments. From there I can choose my Cable or PayGo account from the dropdown box.

Rogers PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario

RogersArthur
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Hi samanthada11,

Welcome to the Community Forums and Thank you for your patience Smiley Happy.

If you're still looking for the ability to view your daily data and text usage, click here for a screenshot step by step, listed under one of our How To: Download Detailed Usage.

Hope you find this helpful
RogersArthur

kbmagic
I Plan to Stick Around

Yup I called a few weeks ago because they changed the app and website. Can no longer see how much data each person is using which was the only reason I used it. 4 people sharing a plan so now we don't know who went over. I agree...thought updates and new software meant you'd get more features and so far we are getting less but paying more. Sigh.

kbmagic
I Plan to Stick Around
Your tip doesn't help. I know I can find individual data usage on a bill. That doesn't help me mid month when I'm trying to monitor each persons usage. I give one teen a certain monthly data allowance and the other a different amount. Used to be able to check their totals every day. Now it just shows our total as a group. That's all the app was good for and now that feature is gone. Is it coming back??? I see lots of people are saying the same thing.

Good day @kbmagic,

Thank you for your post!

I understand the inconveniences of this situation and I definitely want to help you figure out how you can keep track of your usage in real time because that is not a feature that we removed.

• Do you have access to the MyRogers app on your phone?

If you do, it is ideal because it is the easiest way view it quickly. Simply click on the drop down menu (top left corner). You will then see each of your phone numbers under WIRELESS SERVICES. Click on the phone number you wish to view the usage for and then, under Usage, select Data. You will have access to the usage made by that particular line, the usage of the other lines, the total usage as well as what is remaining.

• Do you normally track your usage from our website?

Not a problem! You will have to log into MyRogers, and click on the SERVICES tab. Then select the phone number you wish to view the usage for in the drop down menu (1). Again, you will be able to see how much data was used and what is left (2).

Sans titre.png

Hope this helps!

RogersMaude

kbmagic
I Plan to Stick Around
Have you checked recently? That feature is not there. If u check each number, they all say the same usage now. I called Rogers and was told it was removed. Used to say....
Total Included
Your usage
Others usage
Total used. Now it just says total used which is by everyone in the plan. Sadly

kbmagic
I Plan to Stick Around
Btw same goes for the website.

Hello again @kbmagic,

We understand how frustrating this must be. Smiley Sad

I have tried it again on my end and was able to view the usage in real time from MyRogers on our website, as well as on the MyRogers app. See below :

MyRogers on Rogers.com                                 From the MyRogers Application

Sans titre.pngSans titre.gif

I have taken these "screenshots" from my personal account, in the last minutes.

Please note : In order to view the details of your data usage on our website, you have to click on the DATA "circle", under My Wireless Usage.

I do apologize if you are unable to view the details of the usage, the way you should be able to see them.

It would be our pleasure to look into this further. Please let us know if you need assistance.

A member of our @CommunityHelps team will reach out to you via Private Message.

RogersMaude

kbmagic
I Plan to Stick Around

You are lucky - all I get is the shared totals.  I called a few weeks ago and was told others are getting that too and I saw posts on the forum.  I'd love to know how you are still getting the old layout!  See from both website (2 different #s) and app...

Rogers #1.JPGRogers #2.JPGFullSizeRender.jpg

kbmagic
I Plan to Stick Around

Sorry - very bad copy once posted.  Here is better copies.  Again, the first 2 screen shots are for 2 different #'s but are listing only the shared totals 😞

Rogers #1.JPGRogers #2.JPGFullSizeRender.jpg

Thank you for sharing this information with me @kbmagic!

It is definitely helpful. 

I just wanted to clarify something with you, I do not get the old layout, this is definitely the new one.

However, I am under the impression that it might appear differently because I am currently on a Share Everything plan and you do not seem to be.

• Would that be possible?  
  • When you change the phone number in the drop down menu, does it have an impact on the amount of data used next to "My Usage"(website) or  next to "Used" (app)?
  • How many lines do you have? Do they all share the 300 MB included in your plan? 

Let me know! Smiley Wink

RogersMaude

kbmagic
I Plan to Stick Around

No it doesn't change at all on the app or website.  4 lines. We share all the data but are not on a share everything plan.  We had what you get up until about 3 weeks ago.   One day it was there and the next it wasn't.  I was told Rogers is working on it to get it back and I sure hope they meant it.   As long as we are "sharing" data, we should all be able to see the individual usage amounts.  Doesn't seem right to take away a paid for feature...price didn't go down or anything 😞

Thank you so much for providing me with this additional information @kbmagic!

I can totally understand why you are feeling this way.

This issue was supposed to be resolved for the app on Android devices, and I will have to dig deeper to understand the reasons why you are still unable to view it.

• What type of phone are you using? 

I will update this thread as soon as I can provide you with answers - Stay tuned!

RogersMaude

Good day @kbmagic,

At this time, we received information indicating that the issue would be resolved.

Can you confirm whether you have the ability to access the usage in question?

If it is not functional, can you try to update the MyRogers app or uninstall and reinstall it completely?

After performing these steps, if you still cannot access the usage details, it would be our pleasure to open a ticket.

Let us know!

RogersMaude

michell25
I've Been Around

I am also trying to check my data useage to date, however, it cannot be done---when I check in My Account for my data useage (cannot get it on my phone) it says the info is unavailable.  I chatted online to a customer rep who told me when the website changed, a lot of people cannot access this info, along with My 5, My 10 and upgrade info.  NOT GOOD SERVICE ROGERS!   I think this has been going on for awhile---cannot even find a place to complain about it and I just signed on for another two years!

celluser
I've Been Here Awhile

what about being able to view data with Pay as you Go.  I have a small texting plan and want to monitor my usage. Ca no longer view how many messages I have left on my rogers account.  Have to call and go through voice mail options to find out.

OLDYELLR
I'm a Senior Advisor

@celluser, I just have the basic PayGo plan. I can see my transaction history by logging into My Rogers, then click Profile, then Bills & Payments, then choose my cell phone number from the dropdown box in Account Information.

barndoor
I'm a Trusted Contributor

Cool Old Yeller ... I got there on the fourth try.A couple times it wouldn't let me through and only solution seemed to be go out and sign in again   

How do you rate having your phone number in the account drop down box?  Ours has the account number so if you have more than one and don't recognize the right one I had to go start over again. 

I tried following the phone number from the previous page but it switched when it changed to the detail page and had to go to the account  box anyway.

This place sems to be a bit of a challenge ... kind of like doing a crossword puzzle .... if I had to waste this much time sorting through things with other people I do business with I think   I'd be looking for a bunch of alternatives but as it is it's just become some sort of strange game ... a maze if you will .    Smiley LOL

OLDYELLR
I'm a Senior Advisor

@barndoor, first of all, every time I log into Rogers I get a pop-up to choose either my cable account ot my cell phone account before I can proceed. This is stupid, because nothing changes either way.  Also, depending whether I go through Profile or not, I get different looking screens  for Account Overview, each with slightly different formats of my account number. The default screens I get without going through Profile just show the balance. When I go through Profile, the dropdown for my PayGo account is the actual phone number not the account number, and gives me my Calls Transaction list. These differences began a few months ago when Rogers sterted messing with the website.

Topic Stats
  • 29 replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 14 in conversation