Very Upset about Rogers

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Very Upset about Rogers

Never had such a bad experience before!

I signed up a package as I've received an offer by text message invitation but I wan't able to view my account activities online, I want to monitor my usage to avoid being over-charged but there is completely NO WAY! The live chat guy referred me back to customer service phone line but their service representative cannot locate my account, I have phoned a few times, I feel so helpless! I have spent more than an hour with live chat guy but got totally no support, they only felt sympathy but can do nothing, they have just referred me back to the customer service rep. by phone.

I have signed up the package & online service for 6 days but still cannot view my bill online, how can I know how much data I have used? Rogers said for our covenience they have offered $10/500mb if exceeded but how do I know how much I have used? The live chat guy admitted that using the phone feature is not reliable. I've sent emails and expressed my concern online, they asked me to talk to live chat people, it's going round & round & round, nobody can ever helped me to resolve this problem.

Any thoughts or ideas?

***Edited Labels***

Solved! Go to Solution.
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Very Upset about Rogers

My experience is even worst, they referred me back to live chat but live chat asked me to talk to people on the phone, the phone rep. cannot locate my account, it has been going round & round & round, why Rogers' service has become so bad? What has been changed and what happened? Did they cut budget??????

Rogers Employee lockdown2341
Rogers Employee

Hey there.

So, when you called into Customer Care, what methods did they use to locate your account? We normally ask for the phone number or the account number, but we are also able to search via the billing name on the account and the billing address. Usually at least one of these methods will locate an account, although it has happened (very rarely) that we are not able to pull up an account even if it is active. Although that usually happens within a day or two after the account has been activated; after six days, there should be SOMETHING available.

I would give Customer Care another call, make sure they search using all of the above methods again, and if they cannot find anything, we would have to file what is called a 'Case' to have someone from our back office group to investigate.

I Plan to Stick Around

They have used both my phone number and account number but still unable to locate my information. In my last call, one lady from billing departmet said she can locate my account but still cannot see my usage, I asked how I can see my usage she said the only way is from online, but unfortunately my online gave me completely no information, I feel that I'm totally in the dark. I don't know how much data I have used and don't know if I'm being charged for $10/500mb. I have asked the CSR at Live Chat if I can block it to avoid being charged for over usage, she said I can but then I'll be unable to use my phone for all online activities including with wifi, my phone can only be used for phone calls, this is totally unacceptable! So I told her to stop blocking so I have looked for other ways to contact Rogers but unfortunately I have no luck in getting any real person for help.

A representative from your CEO's office has been in touch with me via emails but this time he made me feel that he is unwilling to help as his tone is cold and his response is not keen at all that's why I turned to here.

I sincerely hope somebody can help me, at least to answer my two questions: 1) how much is my usage at this point? 2) am I being charged for additional usage now?

I'm really sick of Rogers, this matter has wasted me a lot of time already! And has been affecting my life!!!

Rogers Employee lockdown2341
Rogers Employee

What?  Okay there is a couple of things wrong here.

Since you only activated six days ago, your usage wouldn't have been billed to you yet. However we are able to go ahead and view this usage usually up to the last 24 hours or so to determine if you have been charged or not (someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm 95% certain I'm correct on this).

The online MyRogers account, if linked up correctly, should allow you to view any unbilled usage from your end. If you have your account number linked up with a registered account, there should be no issue. Unfortunately I don't handle much regarding the website so I can't help further there.

However, the last part is what really concerns me. If we block the internet on your phone, it only blocks access to our network. It absolutely doesn't block access to wi-fi as we can't actually block that. And texting can be blocked but it would have to be done separately from blocking internet usage. In fact the only thing that would be affected by blocking internet is your ability to receive picture/video messages as those require an active internet connection to work.

Honestly, I think someone from the @CommunityHelps team should be helping you with this as seem to have an advanced problem that requires someone to get into your account, and I'm not able to do that.

I Plan to Stick Around

"The online MyRogers account, if linked up correctly, should allow you to view any unbilled usage from your end. If you have your account number linked up with a registered account, there should be no issue. "<---- I wish this is true however it isn't, I can see it is linked and one of the customer service rep. confirmed that it is linked but I still wasn't able to view ANYTHING from my online service!

Yes, I agreed, something IS WRONG!!!

Good evening @A_Little_Lamb,

Thank you for your posts and Welcome to the Forums! Smiley Wink

We can understand the inconveniences caused by this situation and we would like to help.

I will have someone from the @CommunityHelps team reach out to you via Private Message.

Look out for the message in your inbox - simply by clicking on the envelope icon on the top right corner of this page.

RogersMaude

I Plan to Stick Around

I cannot say for sure whether or not it has resolved my problem but I'm awaiting a refund cheque as the representative has promised, I will keep you guys updated, thanks.

I Plan to Stick Around

I wouldn't hold my breath on the refund cheque.  I was told 6-8 weeks for mine.  Why it takes that long is beyond me.  After 8 weeks I still didn't have anything.  When I finally got an answer from rogers customer service it seems the rep I first spoke to did all the notes but never put the refund through.  It took another 2 weeks from there to get it.   If I don't pay on time interest is put on my account but Rogers feels like they don't have to pay you at all since there is no consequence to them.  Keep an eye on the date you were given and call, call, call if you don't get it.

I Plan to Stick Around

Thanks kells79 Smiley Happy