Very Upset about Rogers

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Very Upset about Rogers

Sorry guys I have to whine once again. Today I received my final bill and wanted to know when I will receive a cheque, have thought live chat is the fastest way, couldn't imagine how dumb Roger's system is! They have first asked for my first and last name and after I entered it, the sales rep. asked me again "what is your name?"!!!. Also, the system said "approximate wait time is 1 min. or less" but I have waited for about 3-5 mins. for someone to actually talk to me, and when we connected he has asked me again "what is your name?" and "how are you today?", I'm totally upset because it sounds to me like an answering machine! Couldn't he just look at what I've entered? My question is so simple that it can be answered in 1 min. but it has wasted me about 5-10 mins.!!! This is totally unacceptable! I have now switched to Roger's pure competitor and has experienced a completely different live chat experience, it is a big contrast! I suggest Roger's management to shop around and see how you can improve your services, this is totally contructive suggestion to you and one day you will thank me!

Rogers Employee lockdown2341
Rogers Employee

If you were having issues with the live chat you could've always tried just calling in to get the information. Or asking someone on here. Not excusing the issues you were having with the live chat, but there are multiple ways of finding out that information.

As a heads up for anyone reading this, a refund cheque is usually automatically issued 20-27 days from the date of your final bill. If you don't receive it after that time it is best to call so we can issue the refund manually.

Good day @A_Little_Lamb,

We are very sorry for the level of service you have received from the Live Chat service. 

You can expect to receive your cheque up to 3 weeks from the day we process your refund, including standard Canada Post mailing times.

We have sent you a Private Message, from @Communityhelps, to confirm the measures that we have taken on our end since you last contacted us, but I can definitely assure you that you do not have to get back in touch with us or our Live Chat service.

Hope this helps!

RogersMaude

I Plan to Stick Around

Can you please check your live chat history? I was wondering why other company's live chat responded almost immediately but Roger's normally took a long time before we've got any responses? Was it because of your system's connection? The rep's physical location? Or the level of expertise? When we turned to live chat we were expecting a faster service, waiting to hear back is very annoying and client's patience will be drained! Thanks for your prompt reply and attention to this matter.
I Plan to Stick Around

@lockdown2341: thanks for your reply, however, you must be never contacted Rogers' phone customer services rep., it would take much longer to get to any real person! I wish Rogers has a customer services email but they don't, I've tried using the complain button on front page but the reply was to contact live chat!
I'm a Trusted Contributor

@lockdown2341 wrote:

If you were having issues with the live chat you could've always tried just calling in to get the information. Or asking someone on here. Not excusing the issues you were having with the live chat, but there are multiple ways of finding out that information.

So now it's the customers responsibility to search out qualified customer service rather than expecting the company to supply it ?   Smiley Surprised

I understand why @A_Little_Lamb has changed companies . 

And it got " liked" by another employee...    Smiley Sad

Hello again @A_Little_Lamb,

Thank you for your feedback, we appreciate that you took the time to bring this to our attention.

We can certainly track the interaction in question and investigate the cause of the long wait time. The time of day and current promotions/products offered at the moment can certainly have an impact on the service level.

It is important that you know that we cannot get back in touch with you, to provide you with the justification of the hold time, as well as the details of the measures taken internally.

Thank you for understanding,

RogersMaude

Rogers Employee

@A_Little_Lamb While I've never contacted Rogers by phone as I have no services with them, I have called into other places of business who operate call centres. I realize that when calling these places you have to have an expectation that there will be a wait time due to various factors. While it would be ideal to get through to someone right away, Rogers is no different then calling in regarding insurance or calling Service Canada. There could be a lot of people ahead of you, and maybe there isn't as many people answering the phones that day for whatever reason. But there are days where you can get through without any problem.

Rogers Employee

@barndoor I never said that at all. However in order for the company to supply the customer service, you need to get ahold of the company. So if the OP was having issues getting ahold of us by chat to supply the customer service, I was suggesting she get ahold of us by phone instead.

Also I believe my post was liked due to the information I provided regarding when the refund cheques are issued.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

@lockdown2341: it makes me feel that you work at their phone centre. LOL
No, thanks. I have got extremely poor services with Rogers phone rep. I think I have mentioned it before. At first it has asked for my cell number and when I entered it, it said they cannot locate my account, after a few attempts, I asked live chat people, they have taught me how to bypass the phone number request. I did as they said and only got to the billing department, when I need to make any changes to my account the billing department has asked me to contact customer service dept. so I still cannot get any help at all. I found Rogers customer service dept. is a loop, you will never end up with somebody who can really help out and that was why I turned to here with the hope that some people can help. If still no one can resolve my problem I'll probably seek help in public forums which would result in a even worst impact for Rogers. I truly hope Rogers can improve their services.