Vacation suspension of the Cable services

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Re: Vacation suspension of the Cable services

Hello @ron38,

Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums!

I realize due to current times the waiting period is quite long over the phones and via the Live Chat.

If you're looking to suspend or resume your current Rogers services, you can reach out to us by sending a private message to @CommunityHelps. Not sure how our PM system works? Check out the How To Send A Private Message blog for assistance!

RogersZia

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Well, well, I’m now on day 10 of my first call to restart my Ignite service after a vacation suspension, and the answer I got this morning, 48 hrs after my second ticket was registered, was : « il n’y a rien à faire ». So no tv except for a few random stations, and no phone. Is there anybody in charge at Rogers?

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

« Il n’y a rien à faire » means there is nothing to do
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Given the current COVID-19 situation, if I want to suspend all of the above services temporarily in a property that is not my home base, how do I do this on an indefinite basis, what is the monthly charge for doing this and, when the services re reconnected, do I still have the same discounts, etc. that I currently have?  Does the suspension period have to begin and end on the billing date?

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@KarinB : Please check out post 2 of this thread for the "rules and costs" associated with suspending the service(s).  If you're on digital cable, you can suspend 1, 2 or 3 of your services at $10/mo for each.  If you're on Ignite, you must suspend all service since they cannot be separated.  Note that you can only suspend for up to 6 months. After that you would probably need to renegotiate your "contract".

Your bills will be pro-rated, so you don't need to suspend on the billing date.

You can probably use any of the contact us methods, however, be prepared for a wait with the current COVID-19 situation.

https://www.rogers.com/consumer/support/contactus

https://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/Rogers-Community-Forums-Blog/Get-to-know-your-Community-How-To...

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Thank you.  Is there any way this can be done on-line?

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@KarinB wrote:  Is there any way this can be done on-line?

Short answer - No.

Highlighted
I've Been Around

I suspende my account di to a trip, but I come back early, i need mi service back

Highlighted

Hello, @cesar1

Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums! 😃

I hope you had a great trip! With everything happening it the world these days it's great to hear that you were able to make it home safely.

We can certainly help you to reactivate your services from temporary suspension. Please send a Private message to @CommunityHelps so we can locate your information on file and get started on your request.

Not familiar with our Private messaging system? No worries, Click Here.

RogersTony