Vacation suspension of the Cable services

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Here Awhile

Vacation suspension of the Cable services

Hi. I have rogers home internet only, i am going for vacation from 16 september to 18th november 2019. I want to suspend my account for this period. But representive told me that vacation suspension can only be done from period to period in billing cycle. So even though i suspend from 16 sep to 18 nov, i will only get $10 charge for october. I have to pay full premium for sep and november. Is it true?
Also, just for home internet, rogers charging me $10/month for suspension. I thought, its $5/ month. Please help me in this situation.

*Added Labels*

Re: Vacation suspension of the Cable services

Good day @ravid,

Welcome to the Rogers Community! I certainly want to answer any questions you may have about the temporary suspension of your residential service.

Existing customers with a minimum 3-month tenure can suspend their services for a period of 2 to 6 months (60 to 180 days). The information you got today is correct regarding the pricing. You will only pay $10 per month per suspended service.

If you call us within the 30 days prior to your departure, we will be able to schedule the suspension to start on the day you're leaving and your service will be reactivated on the date you requested.

If you want to resume your service before the return date, all you have to do is let us know. We’ll reactivate your service whenever you ask. Please be aware, it may take up to 1 business day from the time of your request for your service(s) to restore. If the total suspension period winds up being shorter than the minimum 2 months, you will be charged a one-time fee of $49.99 + tax as you would not be eligible for the suspension in this situation.

I hope this addresses all your inquiries! 😉

RogersMaude

I've Been Here Awhile

Thanks for reply. Also, is it true that suspension is only done from one billing cycle to other. No benefit to do in between?
Highlighted

Thank you for your reply @ravid! You're very welcome. 🙂

Once you call us to request the temporary suspension, we set the dates for departure and return. If they do not coincide with your billing cycle, it may generate partial charges and credits.

If it means you will be saving money while you're travelling and no one is at home to use the service, might as well opt for the suspension. Not having to pay the entire bill while you're gone is a benefit!

Hope this helps!

RogersMaude