cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VERY long wait to talk to Customer Support/Retention

macsp
I've Been Here Awhile

Hello everyone,

I wanted to share some of my experience with Rogers Customer Support. I called them yesterday (Jan.6), spent about 2 hrs on the phone to speak to a rep from Nova Scotia. It is regarding my current bundle expiring. He was pushing to switch me to Ignite, which I don't want to yet. Then I called today (Jan.7), spent 2 hrs on the first first to talk to another rep and got transferred to Customer Retention...waited there for 2 more hours to get disconnected. Called again, requested call back, got a call in an hour, transferred to Retention...waiting for 4 hrs...still hearing the music! How in this world this company can take care of the customers if they cannot even answer the phones? I have been with Rogers for decades and very frustrated lately. Want to cancel my services...so TIRED!

9 REPLIES 9

Re: VERY long wait to talk to Customer Support/Retention

mebe
I'm a Senior Contributor
Take a deep breath. It's going to be fine ... Unless you live in an area or building that is scheduled for an Ignite transition, sooner rather than later. Hopefully you're not, and you probably will first become aware of the transition within one of your upcoming bills, through the physical mail, e-mail, or building notice.

You have good timing, because a situation much less annoying than yours was just recently solved by the Office of the President.

Normally, I would say that it's ridiculous that the Office of the President needs to fix issues like this, however, that's what the current shameful situation has come to.

I don't know how long other departments and quality agents can pick up the slack, but at least for now, they can and they will.

I need to clear my mind for a moment, to keep my blood pressure from getting too high. This is one of my pet peeves, so I'll be back with a follow-up post to explain why the legacy Digital to Ignite switchover is causing unnecessary stress, and how to stop it from crushing your enjoyment during the final weeks, months, or year(s) that remain, until it is finally killed off.

dfullb
I've Been Around

I called Rogers at 12:50 today, waited until 2:10 for an agent, was transferred to retention and an agent answered at 3:29.  She promptly told me that I had been incorrectly transferred to her and she would be happy to transfer me to another agent, but that the wait was very long.  If I ran a business this way -- well, I wouldn't.  I would be out of business. 

macsp
I've Been Here Awhile

Thought of giving an update on my situation. So at the 4.5 hr mark of waiting on the phone yesterday, I left the phone at my desk and went to take a shower. When I came back, the line got disconnected and I assume the Manager/Supervisor at the Retention may have come online and I was not there to answer or the line got disconnected automatically (?) again as it happened the day before yesterday. However, the good thing is that after a few mins, I received email saying changes have been made to my account and when I looked at it, it appears that the Manager/Supervisor did review all the notes/concerns recorded by the Reps in my account and agreed to extend the discount on my existing digital bundle for another year by only increasing by a few dollars. This is what I have been asking and I had to spend almost total of 8 hrs on the phone waiting to get it done! I am little relieved it has been finally agreed upon and done.

I will consider their Ignite bundle ONLY after they have FTTH. I strongly believe that adding Ignite TV on my existing coaxial cable internet will degrade the internet bandwidth. So ROGERS...stop pushing customers to switch to Ignite bundle until you have the fiber to the their homes! 

mebe
I'm a Senior Contributor
Glad it all worked out in the end. ✌️

jts1666
I've Been Here Awhile

Same situation here...I called to have my package changed, waited 3 hours...had my home phone cancelled and got talked into going to Ignite, they set up a tech to come to my house the following week...had a two hour window appt, they never showed up, they never called.  I tried calling the day after my appt and waited 3 hours again and had to hang up becuase I HAVE A JOB! Only after my husband posted a complaint a few days later did they contact us saying "sorry we missed you>... I was home all day.  They did not miss me they didn't come. I have since tried calling again and still can't get though to anyone.  I gave up.  Yesterday they sent an email saying my order is cancelled! This is the most ridiculous company I have ever had to deal with.  If I could actually get through to someone I would cancel my service. How can they get away with this?

macsp
I've Been Here Awhile

Sorry to hear that! If  the home phone is cancelled (without porting over), I believe you will lose your number. I hope they will put necessary staff and processes in place quickly. But as the customers, what can we do? We are living in a monopolized industry that is NOT consumer friendly!

badmonkeyfinger
I'm Here A Lot

Exactly the same boat for me.  My service agreement is about to expire. Several weeks ago, I was on hold both on phone and on chat for over 2 hours.  Finally got through via chat.  Was offered a deal that competes with Bell's offer.  Yesterday, Jan 10/2023, I tried to contact Rogers to make the switch.  I was on hold for more than 3 hours, and never got through.  Tonight, I've been on hold for an hour and a half so far.  I'm not hopeful.  I will likely cancel and go with Bell. Bell answers their phone within about a minute. Every time. 

Jsebinag
I've Been Around
Long waits &Worst customer service

Cairo
I Plan to Stick Around
I saw this sort of post / comment many times. Numbers of frustrated customers are countless but nothing we can do, unless we can switch to other service providers. In my case, I moved to Rogers to get a better deal as trying to save some money on my monthly commitment for the entire family. So far, other services providers can’t match or offer lower packages as compared to Rogers. But the service by Rogers is far worse than the others. Not only customer service, the coverage is also very bad especially in downtown core Vancouver. No idea what is this platform for..what a waste of time
Topic Stats
  • 9 replies
  • 11 Likes
  • 7 in conversation