cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Long Wait Time

Unhappy69
I've been around

Rogers cant lose any customers if they just never answer the phone!  This company hasnt just gone downhill, its fallen off the cliff.  3,5 hrs on hold still...1hr+ on online chat wait.... how does this company stay alive with customer support like this.   Complete joke! 

***Edited Labels***

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Long Wait Time

Good day, Community!

We can certainly appreciate your concerns over the longer than normal wait times being experienced lately. Some days and times can be much busier than others but we are definitely doing our best to get to each and every customer as quickly as possible. We appreciate your patience!

With that being said, did you know that we have many different avenues of support via Social Media? Just click here to view our 'Contact Us' page and select your preferred product. All of the Social Media support options will be listed for you. 

The wonderful thing about Social Media is that you can chat with us on the go as long as you have access to data or Wi-Fi, or at home through your desktop computer. Even if you have to step away or run an errand, someone will still be there to continue the conversation when you return as the service is available 24/7!!

Cheers,
RogersYasmine

View solution in original post

28 REPLIES 28

macsp
I've been here awhile

Hello everyone,

I wanted to share some of my experience with Rogers Customer Support. I called them yesterday (Jan.6), spent about 2 hrs on the phone to speak to a rep from Nova Scotia. It is regarding my current bundle expiring. He was pushing to switch me to Ignite, which I don't want to yet. Then I called today (Jan.7), spent 2 hrs on the first first to talk to another rep and got transferred to Customer Retention...waited there for 2 more hours to get disconnected. Called again, requested call back, got a call in an hour, transferred to Retention...waiting for 4 hrs...still hearing the music! How in this world this company can take care of the customers if they cannot even answer the phones? I have been with Rogers for decades and very frustrated lately. Want to cancel my services...so TIRED!

mebe
I'm a trusted contributor

Take a deep breath. It's going to be fine ... Unless you live in an area or building that is scheduled for an Ignite transition, sooner rather than later. Hopefully you're not, and you probably will first become aware of the transition within one of your upcoming bills, through the physical mail, e-mail, or building notice.

You have good timing, because a situation much less annoying than yours was just recently solved by the Office of the President.

Normally, I would say that it's ridiculous that the Office of the President needs to fix issues like this, however, that's what the current shameful situation has come to.

I don't know how long other departments and quality agents can pick up the slack, but at least for now, they can and they will.

I need to clear my mind for a moment, to keep my blood pressure from getting too high. This is one of my pet peeves, so I'll be back with a follow-up post to explain why the legacy Digital to Ignite switchover is causing unnecessary stress, and how to stop it from crushing your enjoyment during the final weeks, months, or year(s) that remain, until it is finally killed off.

dfullb
I've been around

I called Rogers at 12:50 today, waited until 2:10 for an agent, was transferred to retention and an agent answered at 3:29.  She promptly told me that I had been incorrectly transferred to her and she would be happy to transfer me to another agent, but that the wait was very long.  If I ran a business this way -- well, I wouldn't.  I would be out of business. 

macsp
I've been here awhile

Thought of giving an update on my situation. So at the 4.5 hr mark of waiting on the phone yesterday, I left the phone at my desk and went to take a shower. When I came back, the line got disconnected and I assume the Manager/Supervisor at the Retention may have come online and I was not there to answer or the line got disconnected automatically (?) again as it happened the day before yesterday. However, the good thing is that after a few mins, I received email saying changes have been made to my account and when I looked at it, it appears that the Manager/Supervisor did review all the notes/concerns recorded by the Reps in my account and agreed to extend the discount on my existing digital bundle for another year by only increasing by a few dollars. This is what I have been asking and I had to spend almost total of 8 hrs on the phone waiting to get it done! I am little relieved it has been finally agreed upon and done.

I will consider their Ignite bundle ONLY after they have FTTH. I strongly believe that adding Ignite TV on my existing coaxial cable internet will degrade the internet bandwidth. So ROGERS...stop pushing customers to switch to Ignite bundle until you have the fiber to the their homes! 

mebe
I'm a trusted contributor

Glad it all worked out in the end. ✌️

jts1666
I've been here awhile

Same situation here...I called to have my package changed, waited 3 hours...had my home phone cancelled and got talked into going to Ignite, they set up a tech to come to my house the following week...had a two hour window appt, they never showed up, they never called.  I tried calling the day after my appt and waited 3 hours again and had to hang up becuase I HAVE A JOB! Only after my husband posted a complaint a few days later did they contact us saying "sorry we missed you>... I was home all day.  They did not miss me they didn't come. I have since tried calling again and still can't get though to anyone.  I gave up.  Yesterday they sent an email saying my order is cancelled! This is the most ridiculous company I have ever had to deal with.  If I could actually get through to someone I would cancel my service. How can they get away with this?

macsp
I've been here awhile

Sorry to hear that! If  the home phone is cancelled (without porting over), I believe you will lose your number. I hope they will put necessary staff and processes in place quickly. But as the customers, what can we do? We are living in a monopolized industry that is NOT consumer friendly!

Exactly the same boat for me.  My service agreement is about to expire. Several weeks ago, I was on hold both on phone and on chat for over 2 hours.  Finally got through via chat.  Was offered a deal that competes with Bell's offer.  Yesterday, Jan 10/2023, I tried to contact Rogers to make the switch.  I was on hold for more than 3 hours, and never got through.  Tonight, I've been on hold for an hour and a half so far.  I'm not hopeful.  I will likely cancel and go with Bell. Bell answers their phone within about a minute. Every time. 

Jsebinag
I've been around

Long waits &Worst customer service

Cairo
I plan to stick around

I saw this sort of post / comment many times. Numbers of frustrated customers are countless but nothing we can do, unless we can switch to other service providers. In my case, I moved to Rogers to get a better deal as trying to save some money on my monthly commitment for the entire family. So far, other services providers can’t match or offer lower packages as compared to Rogers. But the service by Rogers is far worse than the others. Not only customer service, the coverage is also very bad especially in downtown core Vancouver. No idea what is this platform for..what a waste of time

phalkon
I plan to stick around

If you notice any complaints about shoddy service and wait times are ignored. The rogers apologists don't even go near replying to those.

Chalk
I've been around
Same as my case. I am going to move and tried to contact them by phone and live chat. After very long live chat, they finally said they had some trouble with system so can not confirm at that time and let me know later. Also their system provided the live chat content but finally no email received. I tried to call but always automatically answer.
When they convinced me to change a provider, a lot of nice commitment, but when we are using them already, then we are nothing.

Aylesbury
I've been here awhile
Yes, 4 hours on phone today. 3:55 of that was hold time.
Transferred 5 times, and on the 5th the call was dropped
Excellent customer service. World class.

Good day, Community!

We can certainly appreciate your concerns over the longer than normal wait times being experienced lately. Some days and times can be much busier than others but we are definitely doing our best to get to each and every customer as quickly as possible. We appreciate your patience!

With that being said, did you know that we have many different avenues of support via Social Media? Just click here to view our 'Contact Us' page and select your preferred product. All of the Social Media support options will be listed for you. 

The wonderful thing about Social Media is that you can chat with us on the go as long as you have access to data or Wi-Fi, or at home through your desktop computer. Even if you have to step away or run an errand, someone will still be there to continue the conversation when you return as the service is available 24/7!!

Cheers,
RogersYasmine

Comet65
I've been around

THis is day three of trying to contact Rogers for billing issues internet problems and day one geot busy signa, day teo call kept breaking up could not hear them and day three they could not hear me they kept saying hello are you there then talking to some one else in another language. This after being on hold for over an hour. Trying again and will get a call back in roughly two hours. Trying to get hold of the the office of the president and won't allow me to submit my complaint. Totally frustrated and hazardous to my health.

This is the most time I have EVER waited on the phone and this is to fix THEIR mistake! I have been dealing with them for months! There is no good excuse. They had me calling time and time again because they kept charging lonnnnng after I has returned my router. I had to wait over an hour every time but today I have been on the phone for 2h34min and STILL NO ANSWER. My phone lost batteries for staying on a call for so long and I lost the call. This is beyond insulting. I had to call many times because what the customer service agent would say would be done by now (closing my account and canceling the wrongly charged bills) would never get done. I received another email today saying to pay the bill WRONGLY BILLED.
Maybe if it wouldn’t be hours to get to them, but no! Almost 3HOURS ON WAIT! I have a job, a life! I should not wait almost 3h on the phone for a incompetent company that wrongly bills its customers and can’t even answer a call even close to a raisonnable time!
They should contact me themselves, since it was their mistake that they seem unable to fix!

Customers are not important to them. There is limits to my patience. So disgusted.

By Roger’s own rules you cannot port out or close an account without CALLING. So, no Yasmine, unfortunately your ‘solution’ is unviable according to Roger’s Kafkaesque rules. We are, as the poster says so, trapped and cannot leave even if we want to. I do have a solution for all you out there wanting to leave and trapped by this conundrum:  demand to escalate to Office Of the President, and they will bend over backwards to close you out and see you on your way. Once again, only the tenacious make it — the rest forever stuck in Hotel California

Went thru this process.  It is only for billing information.  No tech support.  In the meantime my long wait call dropped and I'm back to square one.  Now for a long wait at the local Rogers store where I signed up for service one week ago.

Good afternoon @AnneD3,

Welcome to the Rogers Community!

We'd like to help, if need be. Could you please elaborate on the nature of the assistance you need?

Ideally, please let us know the type of problem you're facing and the steps you took so far.

Looking forward to your reply!

RogersMaude

StacyMacDonald
I've been around

It's Nov. 6, 2023.  I was on hold at Rogers from 11 - 12:30 pm and then phone started ringing again and no one answered.  I tried again from 2:53 p.m to 4:10 pm and then hung up.  I tried to submit my complaint and it would not let me submit it.  It is beyond frustrating dealing with Rogers.  I have wasted more than 3 hours today to just get a digital box and no one would answer the phone.  It is terrible that Rogers has a monopoly and we customers are being abused this way.  Hire more people Rogers, this sucks big time.

Topic Stats