Upgrading multiple lines via Self-Serve

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Upgrading multiple lines via Self-Serve

Hi,

I currently have 2 wireless lines on a Premium tab. The main line has a device balance and the 2nd line is currently on no-term. I want to upgrade both lines to Ultra and get new hardware. However, I'm not sure how I go about doing both online at the same time. Do I need to submit an order for the main line (paying off device balance) to switch plans first followed by the second one in two separate orders?

Thanks

**Labels Added**

Solved! Go to Solution.
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: Upgrading multiple lines via Self-Serve

Yup pretty sure you need to do this in multiple orders.

Upgrade the main line from a premium tier to ultra tier first and select the hardware/place the order

Then upgrade the additional line from a no tier to ultra tier and select the hardware (as a second order)

I've Been Here Awhile

Thanks.

I'm a little worried that the additional line on the new plan is going to cost significantly more than what i'm paying now ($60 per line). Would hate to find that out after submitting the first order. Any idea where I can find out how much additional lines cost?

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Upgrading from a premium/no tab to two ultra tabs are going to cost a pretty penny for sure.  

Your best bet would be to hop on a live chat or call in and ask them what the extra cost would be to upgrade both lines.  They should be able to give you an all in, after tax cost for both lines on an ultra tier then you can compare it to what you're paying now.  

You can even see if the loyalty department can give you a deal on upgrading both your lines to an ultra tier (versus what you'd pay if you just upgraded everything online).  Then once your lines are both changed to ultra, you can go online and do both hardware upgrades easily (one at a time) without having to pay any connection fees

If I were you that'd what I'd do.  Contact loyalty for the best price to move both your lines to an ultra tier.  Then upgrade the hardware online once the plan changes have been made.  

I've Been Here Awhile

thanks!
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

No problem

Good luck Smiley Happy

Topic Stats
  • 5 replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 2 in conversation