Upgrade with Upfront Edge but keep current plan?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

Upgrade with Upfront Edge but keep current plan?

Is it possible to upgrade a phone, but keep your current plan?

My partner and I are both on a Talk & Text w/2GB (No Tab) plan. Unlimited Canada-wide voice and text, call display, VM, 2500 call forwarding minutes, conference call and call waiting (we never actually use these last three). We each pay $50.85 incl. tax. We are almost never near the data limit.

On the 10GB Infinite plan, we would pay $75 + $65  + tx per mo. so we’re up to around $80/mo. each. That’s an extra $1,440 over two years.

***UPDATE***

Ok, I just logged into my account.

I can toggle between "Financing" and "No Tab".

For a 64GB iPhone 11 Pro, the Upfront Edge cost is $40.20/mo. ($58.95/mo. financing). If I toggle to "No Tab" all the financing options go away and it just says "$1,415 - No Term."

So it looks like the answer is no.

In the long run, still seems less expensive to purchase the phone outright.

**Labels Added**

Highlighted

Re: Upgrade with Upfront Edge but keep current plan?

Hello @Bokehman,

Thanks for posting and we appreciate the update! 👍

Regretfully, you are spot on--if you are planning on upgrading any of your lines on our financing option with (or without) the Upfront Edge program, you are required to do a price plan change to one of our in-market Infinite plans. I'm afraid our older plans (Share Everything, Edge 20/30/40, etc.) will not be eligible. 

Thank you,

RogersLaura