Upgrade Phone But Avoid Changing Plans?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Upgrade Phone But Avoid Changing Plans?

Good day @Gdkitty & @JohhnyRockets,

This is just to give you an example that Rogers did not forget about users who would have different needs and that would prefer keeping a low cost Talk and Text plan;

Here are a list of devices that can be purchased with a plan that does not necessarely contain data.

Manufacturer

2-year Talk and Text

2-year Smart Tab

CAT B15

Motorola E

ZTE Z222

LG G3 Vigor

Samsung Galaxy Core LTE

Nokia Lumia 830

Samsung Rugby 4

Sony Xperia M4 Aqua

While they are not all $0 on a 2-year term, we can sometimes combine promotions or back pocket offers to help you offset the pricing of the device of your choice.

The device mentioned in one of your previous posts, the Samsung Galaxy Core LTE, is therefore available for subsidy on on a 24 month renewal basis with a price plan that does not necessarely include data!

Hope this helps!

RogersMaude

I'm a Trusted Contributor

Ya gotta get em on the table Maude  ... I for one am not going diggin in yer back pocket !    Smiley LOL

I totally understand where you are coming from @barndoorSmiley Wink

For  tips on how to save on your wireless services or how to benefit from the promotions available, click here.

Don't forget that you can always trade in your old phone, from any carrier.

We’ll provide a credit based on the value of your eligible device to put towards the cost of your new one when you sign up. For more information, visit this page.

RogersMaude 

I'm a Senior Advisor

@RogersMaude  Your presentation of the pricing of phones on a two year talk and text plan look promising to me, I could actually possibly consider them as an option. I am not a big fan of the back pocket deals, it makes me feel like I am in a car dealership. I prefer it when companies just come out and say up front what the bottom line prices are, and if there are retention plans, I am ok with that, but put them up front to customers from the very beginning.

But that aside, how would you go about getting deals like you just mentioned in the table on 2 year talk and text.  You can't find any of these offers on the website.  The LG G3 Vigor for example, only allows at its lowest a nonshare plan, but does not include the option for talk and text.  The web site does not let you choose a two year plan and the phones you presented with subsidized price - it only lets you go at basic phones. So just how would one do what you just described?

I remain very confused.

I'm a Senior Advisor

@barndoor  Is what you meant by put them on the table, meant to say, let us see this up front on the web sites, or presented to us as an option on the phone or chat, and not have to get into the whole haggling game?

I use the websites of companies to guide me on my decisions, and the ads on TV, radio, newspaper, and the net to guide me.  In the links that are provided to see options for making best deals, they all talk about share everything data plans, no reference to talk and text options.

I am a firm believer in "just tell me up front what the options are", and why not just come out on the pages and offer discounted deals to returning customers rather than having us haggle with customer retentions, customer relations, etc, to learn that there may just be options available in the back pockets and hidden out of site of the public.  Maybe if Rogers went public with what they can do for returning customers, we would be a lot happier and begin to believe that we are all being treated fairly - better deals for returning term customers, marketed deals for new customers.  Just a thought.

Bruce

Thank you for your feedback @BS.

I am sorry if it is not presented that way on our website.

I validated that the pricing quoted above (especially for the LG G3 Vigor) was correct.

Therefore, yes, it is available when you call in. One of our agent will be able to present you with the options available.

I understand that it would be easier for you to be able to access all of our offers and promotions on our website.

If you need help regarding your hardware upgrade, let us know!

It would be my pleasure to reach out to you via Private Message  Smiley Wink

RogersMaude

I'm a Senior Advisor

Thank you for that update - wished I had known that when I was replacing my daughters lost phone.  Absolutely no options like you presented were ever offered, the standard line was buy a new phone, or get a subsidized one on share plans.  No mention of talk and text and I did ask about it.  Oh well, I appreciate you doing the work to learn this information for us, and if I have to replace a phone again, I will ask here first for options and work with you guys first to find out the back pocket deals, and unpublished options.

Too late for my daughter though. She has her new phone is happy with it, and is moving from home soon and at that time is going to another company.

Bruce

I totally understand Bruce @BS.

I am glad to hear your daughter likes her new phone and that she is happy with it!

As much as I would have loved to present you those options before, it was unfortunately not possible.

Last week, we introduced new payment options for our Share Everything plans.

We are hoping to please a wider range of customers, who are not the typical high-data users etc.

I just wanted to add that theorically speaking, the 2-year Talk and Text Device pricing is available to all existing customers who wish to take advantage of the 2-year pricing without a price plan change.

Once again I am not sure it appears on our website as of yet.

We are definitely willing to help and provide you with information, if you prefer reaching back to us for your next hardware upgrade!

Take care Smiley Wink

RogersMaude

@RogersMaude wrote:

Good day @Gdkitty & @JohhnyRockets,

This is just to give you an example that Rogers did not forget about users who would have different needs and that would prefer keeping a low cost Talk and Text plan;

Here are a list of devices that can be purchased with a plan that does not necessarely contain data.

Manufacturer

2-year Talk and Text

2-year Smart Tab

CAT B15

Motorola E

ZTE Z222

LG G3 Vigor

Samsung Galaxy Core LTE

Nokia Lumia 830

Samsung Rugby 4

Sony Xperia M4 Aqua

While they are not all $0 on a 2-year term, we can sometimes combine promotions or back pocket offers to help you offset the pricing of the device of your choice.

The device mentioned in one of your previous posts, the Samsung Galaxy Core LTE, is therefore available for subsidy on on a 24 month renewal basis with a price plan that does not necessarely include data!

Hope this helps!

RogersMaude

It does help Maude and I thank you for your reply.  We got the Samsung Galaxy Core LTE with a competitor at no charge (vs. $49.99 with Rogers) and also got Canada-wide calling (vs local calling with Rogers), unlimited International messaging (vs. Canada only messaging with Rogers) and data (vs. no data with Rogers) - all for $35 a month! It is also interesting to note that your number 1 competitor offers the same Samsung Galaxy Core LTE at no charge on the same $35 Talk and Text plan as Rogers. 

@BS wrote:

@barndoor  Is what you meant by put them on the table, meant to say, let us see this up front on the web sites, or presented to us as an option on the phone or chat, and not have to get into the whole haggling game?

That would be correct  BS