Upgrade Phone But Avoid Changing Plans?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Upgrade Phone But Avoid Changing Plans?

Tyvm!!!!!!!!:)

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @Ancasterguy

My plan is locked for the term I picked which was 2yr term. Some plans are locked and can not be changed. All depends on what they offered you. I have heard of those though.
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @Robert99

You are very welcome!!!! 🙂
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

That's true! I forgot about that...going to 2 years they have to make up the difference somewhere I suppose.its understandable for sure..

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @Robert99

I agree but they need to recoup the money back somehow. I can give them many ways of doing so lol.
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Upgrade Phone Buit Avoid Changing Plans?

I could have gone through my union to the competition who still offered free phone and 5gig plan...plus all other calling features and unlmt text etc. It was $60 a month for everything ..but after 2 years who knows.. This plan is locked so..i suppose I will stay for now. I just think for the long term customer loyalty thwt could have been nicer about it. All they needed to do was say...buy a phone unsusidized over 2 years. Come on...that wouldn't have hurt them and they would retain a very long term customer. They are still making money on your plans. Give me a break...perhaps just not as much as the new people.
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: Upgrade Phone Buit Avoid Changing Plans?

Hello @Ancasterguy

That is correct but u never know what the other carrier will do.. Do remember after certain time they can change plans and pricing to what they want if the plans aren't locked.

Agreed with you though. They have a different team that deals with pricing and such. Either way.
Highlighted
I've Been Around

Totally understand and we talked through this as well but bell will be the exact same plan and price... They compare and compete so unless you want to leave to make a point I'd stay where you are... Calling and complaining got me no where... It's the new rates unfortunately
Highlighted
I've Been Around

I wouldn't mind paying more for the sunsidized phone if at the end of the contract your bill was reduced to reflect the phone being paid for. I just spoke to a rep that acknowledged i was billed roughly $150 a month to pay for 4 note 4's. No deduction coming.

Highlighted

Hi @whalengt,

Welcome to the Community and thank you for sharing your concern with us.

You're absolutely right, most customers do like a reduced plan once they've paid off the subsidy on a device. Did you know Rogers offers No Tab plans for customers such as yourself who would like to pay a lower monthly amount once the subsidy has been completely paid off? You can learn more about our current No Tab plans here. You can view the pricing and plan details under Choose Your Device Option by highlighting over No Tab, the last option on the plan type banner. 

Hope this helps. Feel free to reach out to us in case you have any further questions or concerns or are looking to make changes to your current plan.

RogersZia