Upgrade Phone But Avoid Changing Plans?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: Upgrade Phone But Avoid Changing Plans?

Hello @Ancasterguy

I got a 10GB and only paying $85 a month including unlimited texting, calling, voicemail and everything else. Meanwhile yes the 6GB was $30 that was since 2008 and we are in 2016. 6 years difference and no company keeps thing around that long. They change around. While the prices are hefty to pay, there is way of getting some stuff from them. It's not hard but it's not easy. Again this is happening with all carriers and not just Rogers. There isn't much we can do honestly other then buying the phones outright if we have the money to do so.
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @Robert99

Yes u can! Just walk into any Rogers Plus store and buy a nano sim card for $9.99 Plus taxes. Ask the associate to have them activate it free of charge on your account. All u need is government photo ID to provide when they are accessing your account.
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

lol I did that. They guy offered me a plan for an additional 55 per month with less data. Really!!! I asked how that was a deal. He said well with the share plans its sharable. I only have one phone. If I were him in all good conscience I couldn't try to sell a terrible deal (compared to my old plan) to a customer of over 15 years.
Retentions hit road blocks. First condition ditch the old plan...pay more than double...less data... Oh yeah great deal lol...
I Plan to Stick Around

The new plans are way to expensive.although they do offer more......like (unlimited Canada calling) I'm content with my 200mins ( unlimited after 6pm/unlimited weekends)and 6GB for $60 plan...6gb on a new plan alone is like $60 bucks then you have to add voice plan.rounds out to be like $100-$125..

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @Ancasterguy

Yeah you just have to find the right rep to speak to or right manager to speak to. They are able to do something but it's blocked off and they need a approval for it before it goes on. While yes the plans are expensive with less data, they do often have deals if u get a certain device, they double ur data or give u a extra 1GB for free. Depend. I do agree though it's hard to get a good plan now.
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @Robert99

For $125 there is a 10GB plan with voice and all included. Instead if keeping the regular 6GB plan for the new price.

But i do see your point and I was actually talking to a few managers about this as well. They can't do much as they are limited in what they can offer and do but they did say due to taking away the 3 year plans and also the new devices cost so much. Honestly no one knows.
I Plan to Stick Around

While you may get offered a special deal now...its my understanding they wont lock the deals so they can jack up the price later. My old plan is locked. Thats why they are so desperate to get you off them. I spoke to nuumerous managers who told me they don't even get that good a plan. They said buy your phone privately and stay on the plan.
I Plan to Stick Around

I've called in a few times over the last few years.i didn't request retentions,but everytime they informed me that if I wanted to upgrade to a new phone I couldn't keep my super 6GB plan. So I didn't upgrade and probably won't.

I Plan to Stick Around

Also,I discussed several plans with them,and there's definitely no better deals then what I currently have...price wise anyhow:)

I Plan to Stick Around

I wouldn't have had any issue whatsoever if they had said no more 3 yr plans so we cannot subsidize the phones now. Buy the phone or pay over a 1 or 2 yr period for the phone. But hey no...they said NO UPGRADES PERIOD. They are hoping you cancel the plan...obvious...which is a shame. I am a long term good customee. Now they really made a long term customer disgusted with their treatment. No excuse for that. Its all in the way they stick it to you.
I wasn't asking for a free phone. I get it that the 2 year plans don't allow for it. But its not kosher to deliberately push people to leave. Customers can either pay a lot more more for less or cause you to leave out of frustration.
Its poor poor customer relations. Someone who thought out this new deal for the old customers should be fired. I worked with loads of people who had the old plan that are now being told rmto good new that they can pay more for less in order to buy a new phone. Crazy....