Unexplained International Text Messages on Bill

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
banwait84
I've Been Here Awhile

Re: Unexplained International Text Messages on Bill

but they did charge me for whatsapp messages and i have 20Gb unlimited data. Customer care clerk and manager refused to refund the money. What should I do; for not I have asked them to stop my texting service all together so that I do not get a surprise again next month.

why is this problem only with Rogers?

Babylegs1
I Plan to Stick Around

data doesn't cover long-distance calls and text messages. If you want to be sure you are strictly on wifi then keep your data off while using 3rd party apps like Whatsapp

I do this and have never had a charge from Rogers and I call friends and family all over the world including sending text messages and sharing pictures through wifi when using whats app and again ive never had a charge because ive been strictly on WIFI

EmanGuth
I've Been Around

We've just been charged for 12 (outgoing) international text messages which Rogers has told us we sent to Vatican City in the span of 1 hour on a single day in March.  Preposterous.  They will not refund the charges nor explain to us how we can avoid more charges like this in the future.  I stumbled on these helpful posts while Googling the issue, in an effort to try to avoid it from happening again.  We don't use WhatsApp at all -- could these charges stem from using Pinterest, Facebook Messenger, or Instagram while (inadvertently) using cellular data, rather than over WiFi?  I like the advice people have given about making sure you disable "use cellular data" in 3rd party apps.  That'll be our step one...  Thanks for any more advice anyone can offer.

Adaye
I've Been Around

I had the same problem, I try to ask them to block the international text message. But Rogers said they cannot block the international text. They say you can add the unlimited international text service by your end to stop this happens. I ask what cost this problem, they said maybe you had use Facebook to text somebody in U.S.A. I had check my text message. I never send the text. Rogers is very dishonest.
RogersLaura

Hello @harmanpreetsinc,

Thanks for your post. I hope you are staying safe and doing well during this difficult time. 🙂

It sounds like there may have been a bit of a misunderstanding with regards to how payments work here at Rogers. If you receive a credit adjustment on your account, we do recommend paying the total balance as reflected on your latest invoice to ensure that you do not receive any late payment fees, as the credit may not impact your balance until the next invoice is produced. My sincere apologies if that information was not made clear to you during your live chat session. There are some special instances where an agent may offer to credit any late fees incurred, however, this must be clearly documented on your account. 

If you specified to the Live Chat agent that you were going to wait until your next invoice to make your payment and they advised you that no penalty or late payment would apply, then we may be able to apply a credit as a one-time exception. Feel free to send us a Private Message @CommunityHelps so we can investigate this matter further.  For more information on how our Private Messaging system works, please check out our blog.

Kind regards,

RogersLaura