Unexplained International Text Messages on Bill

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Here Awhile

Unexplained International Text Messages on Bill

On my bill i have unexplained text msgs send from my phone to an US number. I never send this txts and Rogers is useless like usual. I am afraid this problem is not going to go away and I'll end up with hundreds of dollars on my bill.

HELP

***edited labels***

Solved! Go to Solution.
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: Unexplained International Text Messages on Bill

Hello anca

Have you spoken to Rogers retentions or a manager and see if they can locate or have a investigation to see what's really going on? Call in and see.

If i were you and u do not text internationally, i would ask them to put a block on it.

Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello  @anca , for any billing concern please reach out to us on Twitter via @RogersHelps or via Facebook.com/Rogers

RogersDarrell

Rogers Employee IMC
Rogers Employee

Also, if a person texting to you is using a third party app to text (like "WhatsAp"), sometimes they use a U.S. number, so if you just "reply" to this text, you are sending to an international number

I Plan to Stick Around

You don't have unlimited intl and USA texts? I got a value pack that gives me unlimited. A year ago l.
I've Been Here Awhile

I did and of coursethey are talking to you like you are an idiot and explain that that the msg needs to come from the phone. Later on i read on the forum that lots of people had the same problem and Rogers never solved it.

I've Been Around

I had the same problem. They told me it was a techno glitch with the particular phone I have and credited the full amount to our account. They said they have had many issues about  unexplained International texts charges and their tech department is looking for a fix. Meantime they suggested we clear text's off the phone periodically as they said this may help. They put a flag on our account to have all unfounded text charges of this sort removed for the next three months. Time for a new phone I guess! 😞

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello psmithcollins

Hmm i don't think its the phones fault here. I doubt a phone will text a number or anything. It seems either someone is Jacking your line or Rogers is just charging you for them. Either way they gave u a full credit, investigating it and all. Hopefully it all works out tho!
Rogers Employee IMC
Rogers Employee

Also, keep in mind that if you are replying to a text that was sent to you from someone using a third party app, you MAY be texting to an international numer.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello IMC

That is very true. Also some apps like BBM / Skype / Hangouts( without SMS activated) do not use text messaging so they will be fine. Some other apps tho will cause this.