Unauthorized Third Party Charges

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Around

Unauthorized Third Party Charges

Why is there no dispute process for unauthorized third party charges? Why has Rogers absolved their responsibility as my service provider to help me resolve this situation?

I just reviewed my monthly bill and noticed there are $15 of Third Party Charges from 64242 Music Quiz. I called Rogers to find out what this is and dispute the charge. I was told to dispute with the company. Rogers will not assist me with this issue because it was a third party company. I called the company only to talk with some hostile customer service person telling me I let someone use my phone. They accuse me of entering my phone number in a website, receive an authorization text on Sep 8 and then I input the pin number in their website. Rogers sent confirmation of this text, so I am liable as per my service agreement. I call back Rogers only to be told there is nothing they can do and refer me back to the call centre. I wait 30 minutes only to have another idiot call centre rep tell me "tough luck", I'm liable, he is the manager, he can't tell me any information about the location of this call centre, there is no one who will look into the matter because a pin was entered in their website, so someone used my phone without my knowledge, Sony owns the company, and to address my greavances with the website www.musicqz.com.

I don't enter my phone number in random websites. I don't have any record of this text message being received on Sep 8. I counted all text messages sent and received in Sep and they are all accounted for. These unauthorized texts costing $5 each on Sep 15, 22 and Oct 3 are not even in a logical sequence.

Something doesn't make sense here and now I have to waste my time trying to figure this situation out. Rogers, as big as this company is, should at least help me to investigate the situation. I am a long time customer with multiple services with Rogers and now I have to go through the painful exercise of proving my case to Rogers because no one will help me. This third party company is stealing money from me and I feel helpless.

How many people have gone through this same situation and had a legitimate complaint?

I really wonder why I am still doing business with this company. Oh yes, I bound by my contract.

Solved! Go to Solution.
I'm Here A Lot

Re: Unauthorized Third Party Charges

I am currently trying to resolve some false charges on my account.  Good luck, I believe I have spent at least 6 hours on the phone and hours spent going over forums and websites trying to find an explanation Rogers will not provide.  Their solutions will not work and calls misteriously drop when "transferred" to another agent.   If I wasn't bound by contract I'd take my business else where as well.

I've Been Around

I as well have had the unpleasnt experiance of being forced into doing business with a company somewhere in Indonesia that I did not authorize adding charges to my phone. I recieved a bill with $48.00 worth of third party charges and when I called Rogers was told there is nothing they can do about it and that they take no responsibility in the charges. I was then told that I have no choice but to deal with this company. I had to waste an hour of my life waiting on hold to be told that they would fill out an application to have the charges reversed and that it would be looked at whitin 6 weeks. I was also told that I would not be notified should they refuse the request. When I asked Rogers why I didnt get a bill from this company themselves and  what happens should I choose not to pay this portion of the bill I was told I would have bad credit with Rogers and over and over again was told I must have gave permission for this to be done.. How can they not take no responsibility to unauthorized charges that should I not pay gives me bed credit with their company. I have three cells phones with Rogers as well as a house phone, internet and cable. I feel I am a very good customer and as a result of paying my bills and honoring contracts I make with them would appreciate being protected against being ripped off by some strange company, I think Rogers and any other company that takes part in allowing strange companies to placing charges on an account they have nothing to do with should have some type of security that protects their customer. How do they know some random kid down the road didnt use your number for something. They need to set up some sort of access system that requires you to set up a pin number giving permission to some strange company to add these charges. I feel completely disrespected as a Rogers customer.In most circumstances I have had great customer service with Rogers. Ther service representatives I spoke with spoke to me like I was a complete idiot. At the beginning of my call with this complaint I politely asked to speak to a supervisor in hopes that they might have a better solution for me than to have to deal with some scamming company accross the world. The so called supervisor was rude and when I told her I did not wish to talk to this company she told me she was going to transfere me to her superior. She instead transfered me to THE SCAMMING COMPANY without my permission. WOW, I think I was ripped off by one strange company and totally disregarded by the one I thought I had made a good choice of doing business with. I was completely appaled by the results of my call. Renewal time will come though and I guess I'll have to keep this terrible experience in mind.

I've Been Here Awhile

the same thing happened to me just this week.  My family and i have used Rogers cell service for as long as i can remember now and i have had the same plan forever as well.  I never go over my limit because im not an avid cell phone user so to have charges of $30 extra for 6 RECEIVED texts is absurd. it was sent from prizeking and it said that i had 6 received messages from them where on my cell phone i only actually saw two.  I never replied to the text messages nor did i subscribe to anything so there is absolutely no reason for me to have been charged.  So i called rogers customer service as well and talked to the manager and he told me that there is nothing that they can do because they got charged and so they charged me.  He told me to call the number thats given to me on my statement to try and deal directly with the company who charged me.  There was obviously no answer and nor do i expect one.  This is a huge scam and i am appauled at the fact that Rogers deal with these fake companies who just steal your money.  How can a company that is so prominent not accept responsibility for companies who are ruining their reputation and reliability?? 

I've Been Here Awhile

and just to add, rogers has ultimatley lost me as a customer. i will never use their services again because nor will i recommend anyone to do so either. There are enough people who have complained about simiar cases for Rogers to take responsibility and action yet they keep quiet. how pathetic.
I've Been Around

Anyone know how to STOP Mozoot third party charges... rogers claims they cannot do anything ... I tried to text STOP... but doesn't seem to work...

I've Been Here Awhile

STATUS UPDATE: so i got more text messages and i called rogers technical support and the guy there told me to text STOP and that soon i would receive a text message unsubsrcibing me from my "apparent" subscription. This worked for PRIZEKING. i dont know if it'll work for other scams!!

and please everyone should complain online. there is an option to contact the president. write him an email. i just did. lets see what happens!!
Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

I TRUMP you all with my $600 third party charge from fantasy chat. Of course I quote "Entered a pin" in their website. I find it **bleep**ing hilarious that these companies tell me what I did, but have no record of it. Anytime I call and ask for proof, they put me on hold for 1 minute and hang up. I please recommend EVERYONE to complain to the CRTC website about unauthorized third party charges also known as cramming scam. This is Canada and not some third world country where corporations are free to exploit the citizens with no repercussions. If there is anyone else that wants to pursue legal resolution, then please email me. **Edited for personal information

This is completely illegal and anyone of us with unauthorized third party charges can sue rogers and the third party. Rogers just sits back and hopes you will forget about it. The third party thinks they are clever and knows Rogers won't do anything. It is hard to pursue legal action as an individual, but multiple frustrated and ripped off customers working together will destroy this loophole and stop others from being scammed.

CRTC website http://www.crtc.gc.ca/RapidsCCM/Register.asp?lang=E

I've Been Around

I have been stung by $564 in fraudulent third party charges by TxtNation, which they refuse to reverse. I asked Rogers to reverse the charges, and they refused. I escalated to their office of the president, and only received $200 back.

The billing company refused to pick up the phone when I called them. There seems to be nothing I can do to get the money back, but I will always be looking for options.

I've Been Here Awhile

I have the same situation like you guys. After a long way to find solution, to send text to third party to STOP, to dispute with Rogers I  thought the fastest way to get rid of that problem is to change my phone number ! Rogers did not charge me $25 normal fee for the new number because of that problem. I have to update my new cell phone number to all of my contacts. It took me about 1 hour to stay away with third party and Rogers customer service. One hour is not worth much to finish that problem. Good luck to all. I won't stay with Rogers anymore when my contract ends ..... because of their services.