Unauthorized Third Party Charges

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Unauthorized Third Party Charges

This scam tricks Rocket Hub users into subscribing to a TEXT service they can never even see.

I suspect Rogers doesn't automatically block it because there's a rake off for each $9.99 "subscription".

Will wait to see if mobivillage holds to its word that it will reverse the bogus charge.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

my friend has a ipad and got charged for it too, rogers told him to reply to the text with the words "stop all" but the funny thing is his ipad only has "messages" but it does not have the ability to access text messages from the cellular network, its missing the app. how can he subscribe to these messages if his device itself does not have the text message capability to begin with?

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

I have talked to someone not from Rogers (bell actually) who works on te back end of cellular, and has said these type is charges are like 98% pass on of charges. They make if anything a few cents on these for the Processing of them.

The phone companies don't block these types of things off the bat, as there are legit ones that exist, stocks, weather, etc that some sign up for.

BUT there tends to be more scams than anything lately.

I will 100% back that things need to change so they are locked out to start, and when one attempts are prompted that they need to activate it first.

I've Been Here Awhile

April 18 the unauthorized third party charges gave me this email:

Thank you for your patience.

As a token of goodwill, your refund has been approved for $9.99. You should see the reversal of the charge applied within the next 3 to 5 business days, however due to the difference in billing cycles between our service and your carrier, you may not see the credit reflected until your next billing cycle.

Regards,

Ronnie Becken

Gamifive Customer Support

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello tomairmilesgold

That is good to hear!. Many are starting to get this now. Its good giving back the credits as many never opt in to any of this.
I've Been Around

I think I want to start up a company that scams you this good I never signed up for it.  I will start one next month I will send out a spam or whatever maybe I pocket agreed to gamifive and went through all the signup procedures through to get this app.  I am going to start this up and my company can get paid through Rogers.  Man good Idea Gamifive better than drug dealing.

Keep up the great affiliates Rogers

I've Been Here Awhile

Rogers is making some money on that kind of scam otherwise no one can charge us (Rogers royalty customers). I've been with Rogers for over 10 years now, I have 4 wireless numbers on my account and I'm thinking to switch to other Wireless carriers. I don't trust this carrier anymore 😞
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

If it is a scam (from the carriers part), its ALL the carriers that are involved in it as well.

Users of other carriers (bell, telus, etc) all are reporting the same iFortune false charges. 

I've Been Here Awhile

called them today. they'll reverse the $9.99 in 5 business days & will see the reversal next billing cycle.
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello hlay

That is good. Check your next invoice or 2nd invoice & see if it has been credited back.