Unauthorized Netflix Charges on my Rogers Bill

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jstrate
I've Been Here Awhile

Re: Unauthorized Netflix Charges on my Rogers Bill

@LauraWat changing your Rogers password should be relatively easy once you’re logged in you go to your profile settings and change your password.
And Mel28s post from earlier has all the steps you’ll need to take to find out what email address was used to sign up for Netflix, from there you contact Netflix with that email address to have them cancel it
And once your Rogers password has been changed hopefully no more charges will come. I’ve just gone through the steps so I’m hoping come my next Rogers bill the charges are no longer on there
LauraWat
I've Been Here Awhile

Amazing! Thank you!
mlhoover
I've Been Around

Thanks to Mel28 for posting this -- it helped me solve the problem and get the phony email account.

ONE ADDITION:  Step 1:  You MUST log out of your own Netflix account - if you have one --  BEFORE following these instructions.  Otherwise it will keep sending you to your own proper Netflix account.  Netflix keeps you logged in automatically, so you must manually log out. If you log out of Netflix first, you will then be directed to the fake one.

Karen615
I've Been Around

YES!!!
I JUST GOT A CHARGE ON MY CELL BILL FOR $18.99 + TAX!!!

What a rude awakening experience!
I don't even have a Netflix account!
This is complete FRAUD!

RogersAndy
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Hey @Karen615!

Welcome to the community!

Seeing an unexpected charge on your bill would most certainly come as a shock! Especially if it's for a service you're not aware of. I would definitely recommend validating the username/email that was used to create the account. You can do so by following these steps:

1) Log in to your rogers.com profile.

2) Once logged in, click Let’s go under the Netflix icon.

3) You will be directed to the Sign into your Netflix account page on Netflix, where the username will be displayed.

If you did not sign up for the service you can provide that username/email to Netflix and they can assist from there. Let us know if you have any further questions.

@RogersAndy

sherryvizza
I've Been Here Awhile

Myself as well. I get the run around from both Netflix and Rogers.
sherryvizza
I've Been Here Awhile

yes !!! I agree, time to move on - Telus is good.
kirstenwendland
I've Been Around

Thank you! This happened to me and I used your thread to solve the problem. Although the Netflix agent I spoke to was absolutely useless and the worst customer service I've ever received, Rogers reimbursed me and unlinked the account and is aware in case I somehow get charges going forward.

sb1964
I'm Here A Lot

I will try this later on, I too have just been charged a Netflix charge of $20.88 today!

Why in the World Rogers cannot stop these unauthorized payments is beyond me!

I will report back soon...

cfk
I've Been Around

Except now the Let’s Go link on the Rogers page doesn’t work...