Unauthorized Netflix Charges on my Rogers Bill

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: Unauthorized Netflix Charges on my Rogers Bill

FYI, Comcast customers are also experiencing similar problems of being double-billed for Netflix and they (Comcast) have posted the following on their support pages:

I imagine that Rogers/Netflix have a similar arrangement and are likely even using the same integration between their billing systems, so the same remediation actions would apply to Rogers customers as well.

One common problem to be aware of is accidentally signing up for an additional Netflix subscription on Xfinity X1 and Xfinity Flex while already having an existing Netflix subscription that is using a different method of payment. If this happens and you would like to cancel your Comcast-billed Netflix account, contact us. To cancel or request credits for any other Netflix accounts, contact Netflix support at netflix.com/help.

You would think that you should also be able to cancel a Rogers-billed Netflix account through Rogers.

Comcast also tells their TV customers, who are being double-billed, to sign out of Netflix on all of their devices.  Presumably this is to prevent a Comcast-billed account from getting created all over again.

If you have Ignite TV and are being double-billed, sign out of Netflix through your Ignite TV app on each and every one of your Ignite set-top boxes.  (Open the Netflix app, go the Home page, press the left arrow to access the menu, select "Get Help", then select "Sign out")  After you have done that, Reset Netflix on that set-top box.  (Press the "A" button on your remote, use the right arrow to scroll to "Reset Netflix")  Now work with Rogers to get the Rogers-billed Netflix account cancelled from the Rogers end.

barong7
I Plan to Stick Around

Excellent post! Now is the time to approach CBC Marketplace on this.
Rimpyhealth
I've Been Around

Same issue
Months of back and forth with Rogers and Netflix
Can't fix the problem, gave me a credit twice. Rogers sent me a link to cancel the account that may be associated with my email, but there is no account associated with my email. Spent so much time trying to resolve this issue with you guys, I'm just going to cancel my account with Rogers I think, not worth the time and hassle.
RogersMaude

Welcome to the Rogers Community @Rimpyhealth!

Sseeing unexpected charges on your bill can certainly be a cause for concerns. We'd like to take a closer look at this for you and review what transpired.

Please send a private message to @CommunityHelps so we can locate your account information and get started. We most definitely would not want you to change service provider for that!

If you aren't familiar with our private messaging system please click here. Thanks!

RogersMaude

melissala00
I've Been Around

I have had the exact same thing happening on my bill since March of this year. Had the same result with Netflix and Rogers is also now refusing to waive the charge on my bill. SO frustrating and I have no idea how to solve this problem!
artp26
I've Been Here Awhile

Speak to a manager guys. I had same problem and to get it fixed you need the back room team to take care of it and they'll monitor it for you. They even gave me credit without asking the next month it was added again. Escalate to manager and if doesn't work escalate to office of President. It will get fixed eventually
Mel28
I've Been Around

Got the same problem. An unauthorized Netflix charge appeared on my Rogers Bill. I called a multiple time and talked to a couple agents and they didn't seem to know that this is a recurrent problem. They directed me to Netflix, who confirmed that they were not the one charging my Rogers account and directed me back to Rogers. So I called Rogers again. Then I got lucky cause I talked to a very competent and nice agent that seemed to know what was going on. 

Here is the procedure the agent gave me: 

How to Retrieve a Netflix Username and Cancel Netflix Subscription for Rogers Wireless billing
To recover the email address used to sign up for Netflix and cancel the Netflix subscription charged to your Rogers wireless bill:
1.Sign to rogers.com
2.Click Let’s Go under the Netflix badge.
3.When redirected to the Netflix Sign into your Netflix account screen, take note of the email address and service code provided (you will find the code under the password zone).
4.Contact Netflix.
5.Provide the email address and service code and request Netflix cancel the subscription. 
6.You’ll receive an email from Netflix that confirms the cancellation request. If you wish to cancel the cancellation request, follow the directions in the email.

I did the above steps. to find out that the email associated with the Netflix billing charges on my account was an email I never seen before. I called Netflix with the email and service code and the agent changed the email on that account so I could change the password on my side and receive the email confirmation that the account charging my Rogers bill was cancelled. The email I received was in Spanish!!!! So I had to ask for the email again in English. Before the agent closed the account, I went in to check where the streaming from: PARAGUAY!!!! There were multiple devices connected to the account and were all streaming from Paraguay. So I was finally able to cancel the "fake" account that was charging my Rogers account. 
Netflix assured me that the only way that the Netflix charges can be applied to a Rogers account, it has to be done through the My Rogers account or right from the TV device. So, I guess someone hacked into my account to create a "fake" Netflix account. 
Be very careful. I called Rogers back again to start an investigation... 

Hope this helps someone having the same problem!!!

View solution in original post

Mn888
I've Been Around

Mel28, thank you so much for the detailed instructions on cancelling and getting this resolved. I started getting charged for Netflix through Rogers in November 2020 even though I never signed up for it. I followed your instructions and had Netflix cancelled and a refund of the charges from Rogers in fifteen minutes total. Thank you so much for sharing your knowledge. I’m sure you have saved me countless hours of trying to get this fixed on my own.
JasonSchultz
I've Been Here Awhile

That was the same resolution I initial got to. The problem was, for the first two months, when I clicked at step 2., it didn't show the email address. So I was looking for a needle in a pile of needles. Glad to see it is becoming easier to fix. Still waiting for my next bill. Fingers crossed it is gone for good!
Jstrate
I've Been Here Awhile

Did Rogers ever solve this issue for you??
I am now having the same problem Netflix can’t help me and Rogers say they can’t help me