Unauthorized Netflix Charges on my Rogers Bill

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RogersLaura

Re: Unauthorized Netflix Charges on my Rogers Bill

Hello @Stephane3,

A warm welcome to our community, we hope you like it here! Congrats on your first post. 🙂

I am happy to hear that you were able to get the issue resolved with the Netflix subscription. It's possible that the latest Netflix charge was issued prior to the account being cancelled, but we'll need to take a closer look to confirm.

If possible, please send us a private message to @CommunityHelps so we can assist you further. For more information on how our Private Messaging system works, please check out our blog.

Kind regards,

RogersLaura

lauraandrew
I'm Here A Lot

I'm having the same problem. I doesn't make any sense and is incredibly frustrating.
Why can't Rogers figure out how to fix this. I think I am going to have to go to the store to have this resolved.
lauraandrew
I'm Here A Lot

Thank you!! You finally helped me solve the issue. Your tip here is key and what helped me find the email address that was using our account: follow the steps described in the solution "but make sure you are logged out of your actual Netflix when you click the "Let's Go" in your MyRogers - you may have to follow the link twice to access the page w/ the fake email used + service code."

THANK YOU!!!
dixonnig
I've Been Around

I discovered the same Netflix billing issue on my Rogers account yesterday. Rogers first directed me to Netflix who (rightly) directed me back to Rogers.  Eventually I was able to have the charges credited to my Rogers account, but was told they were not sure how to cancel the charges going forward.  I found this post and was able to work with Netflix to change the email and password for the fraudulent account. Thank you very much for posting the procedure so clearly.

My situation was similar, it was a Spanish language account with 5 profiles using it in Argentina.  The Netflix operator said this is common, and they have seen it often associated with Rogers. It's strange that this is an ongoing issue and Rogers hasn't figured out an adequate fix and/or correct response when support is contacted.  Rogers is billing me, it seems to me they should be resolving it.

Problem solved - thanks @Mel28.  

lauraandrew
I'm Here A Lot

I've yet to ask Rogers for a credit from the last two months....I guess because I'm doubtful they'll give me one. When I first called about the issue they pretty much said it was my fault it happened.
erika772
I've Been Around

Mel28, thank you for posting that solution to our issue - my family has been plagued by it for months and although each month they reverse the charge, it's still super frustrating that I have to call every month and explain the issue (again). They keep promising to fix the issue (HA!!!!!!) but nothing is ever fixed. It's really crappy to see how many people have been impacted by this as well, and for so long, and Rogers' response seems to be a collective shoulder shrug. 

So I thought I'd try your method, but unfortunately it seems that now the "let's go" button isn't working. I've tried on Safari, IE and Chrome. The link on Safari doesn't acknowledge anything, whereas in IE and Chrome I get a "web page isn't working" error message. I've tried this over several days with no luck. Called Rogers and surprise surprise they don't know why, when or how this will be fixed (she didn't even know it's a problem - great!). So I'm back to square one. 

Rogers clearly knows these erroneous Netflix charges are an issue, judging from all the chirpy (and useless) responses on this thread from "RogersJoeBlow", but are unwilling to do anything about it.  I read a few different people who wanted to take this to CBC Marketplace - I would be more than willing to contribute to that report, just let me know. In the meantime I've filed a complaint with the CCTS and am counting the days until our wireless contracts are up so we can switch to another carrier.

LouisPa
I've Been Here Awhile

Thanks! I did this and It was done in 10 minutes. Used Netflix's chat to contact service agent. .
lauraandrew
I'm Here A Lot

Hi, 

I had this issue myself and finally had the scam account removed from my Netflix but neither Netflix or Rogers will credit me what I'm out which is 3 months x $18.99. I just keep getting passed back and forth. Who was it that was crediting you? Rogers doesn't seem to want to take any accountability, and I find it a little ironic you can't access Netflix suddenly from the MyRogers main page.....hmmmmm......

lauraandrew
I'm Here A Lot

Same here. I just called about getting a credit and they told me it was Netflix's fault and they will issue me a credit. So frustrating. 

lauraandrew
I'm Here A Lot

Hey

Who did you receive the credit from? Netflix or Rogers? I am trying to figure out who I need to follow up with because Rogers says it is Netflix, Netflix says it's Rogers.....