cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unauthorized Netflix Charges on My Rogers Bill

Donnie51
I've been around

I am wondering if anyone else is being charged for netflix, $20.99 monthly. I have been charged for over half a year now. 

I pay nef flix direct and Rogers cannot account as to where my money is going. I have spent days on the phone, countless times and to date no action has been taken. I was told I would be reimbursed but nothing yet and I am still being billed. My mother has been charged this $20.99 for over a year now. She doesn't even have a netflix account.

I would suggest that eveyone check their bill for this one time bill, that is a monthly charge.

*Added Labels*

17 REPLIES 17

Re: Unauthorized Netflix Charges on My Rogers Bill

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@Donnie51  This has happened to others as well.  (Sorry for the Google search link.  That's so that you can see posts that have been archived here.). These charges can occur when you select the "Join Now" button on the Netflix app rather than the sign-in button.  Others have reported this happening due to fraudulent activity, presumably if the Rogers account gets compromised.

See these links for more information on how billing through Rogers works:

https://www.rogers.com/support/mobility/faqs-about-netflix-billing

https://help.netflix.com/en/node/68771

To get these charges stopped, you will need to figure out the service code and email address for the Netflix account that got created.  You will then need to contact Netflix to get the (fraudulent) account shut down, and also contact Rogers to stop the Netflix billing on your account and to get the charges reversed.

Indeewari
I've been here awhile
I thought I might leave this comment before leaving Rogers. I was a customer for more than 3 years. Looks like every other Rogers user has this fraudulent Netflix charges on their bills like I do. Even I contact Netflix customer care regarding the issue as per the suggestion from the Rogers customer care officer. Netflix is not getting any of these charges and they charge me for a pre authorized amount of 5.99$ + taxes / month from my bank account for the basic Netflix subscription . For the same service Rogers charge me 20.99$ + taxes /month mentioning premium charges for but telling me that this's what Netflix charges putting Netflix into blame. Rogers customer care says someone else from my household is using Netflix premium using another account. So the same lie goes around with everyone telling that there's another Netflix account using another email from my household but that is not even visible to Rogers.hahaa hilarious . Also if somebody else hacked into my internet and hacked my Netflix means Rogers is not a safe internet provider anymore. Also they won't reverse any payments or they won't stop adding these hidden charges. Right now I'm paying 5.99$+ taxes for actual Netflix service and 20.99$+ taxes for Rogers Netflix service . Means I'm paying 26.98$+ taxes per month for a basic netflix subscription but named as premium by the Rogers. This's fradulent and I'll keep posting on social media and make people aware of this. The Rogers manager just left the chat without giving me a proper solution to this matter. And Rogers won't send the chat transcript because they know they cannot cover up this fraud if they sent the chat transcript .

@Indeewari first step, change your Rogers account password and PIN. 

Then, have a look at the following:

from this page:  https://www.rogers.com/support/mobility/faqs-about-netflix-billing

Comes the following:

How do I retrieve my Netflix email address or username used for Rogers Billing if I forgot what it is?

Wireless Customers:

If you subscribe to Netflix Rogers Billing and forgot the email address or username associated with your Netflix account, you can retrieve it by logging in to your rogers.com profile. Once logged in, click Let’s go under the Netflix icon. You will be directed to the Sign into your Netflix account page on Netflix, where the username will be displayed.

Ignite TV and Ignite Streaming Customers:

If you subscribe to Netflix Rogers Billing and forget the email address or username associated with your Netflix account, you can retrieve it by accessing the Netflix app on your Ignite TV box or Ignite Streaming. Once you are in the Netflix app, choose a profile and click Get Help. Highlight the Member section, the email address listed is your username. If the Netflix app has since been logged out of, contact Netflix Help for assistance.

From the following Netflix help page:  https://help.netflix.com/en/node/68771

Comes the following:

There is an unauthorized Netflix charge on my bill

Netflix is unable to provide refunds to accounts billed through a third party. If you believe that you were charged in error, and you’ve confirmed that no one in your household created an account on your behalf, follow the steps under "I'm having trouble signing in to Netflix" to locate a service code, then contact us for assistance.

I'm having trouble signing in to Netflix

If you don’t remember your Netflix login information, go to netflix.com/loginhelp.

If you see the message “Sorry, we can't find an account with this email address,” follow the steps below.

If you are signed in to Netflix on your Rogers set-top box:

Launch the Netflix app.

Select Get Help to view your Netflix account email.

You can change your email on netflix.com/youraccount, or contact us for assistance.

If you are signed in to Netflix on a mobile or web browser:

Go to your Account.

Your Netflix account email is displayed under Membership & Billing.

From here you can Change account email, if necessary.

If you still can't sign in:

Sign in to your Rogers account (make sure you are signed out of Netflix).

From the Account Overview screen, scroll down to the Netflix badge and select Let’s go.

Select the option to proceed and you will be directed to a sign in page with your email address pre-

populated. You can sign in to your Netflix account from this page, and update your email address if

necessary.

There is an instruction set somewhere in the forum to find the rogue Netflix email address so that you can cancel the service for that account, and it goes something like the instructions that I posted above.  Essentially, sign out of Netflix and then "you can retrieve the rogue email account address by accessing the Netflix app on your Ignite TV box or Ignite Streaming. Once you are in the Netflix app, choose a profile and click Get Help. Highlight the Member section, the email address listed is your username. If the Netflix app has since been logged out of, contact Netflix Help for assistance.  Or, use the bottom instruction set, posted immediately above this paragraph to sign into your Rogers account, navigate to the overview tab and then select the Netflix badge and select Let's go.  I'm guessing that it should show two email addresses?? Yours and the rogue email address?  Just a guess. Hopefully you can identify the rogue address and use that to cancel the service with Rogers.  

So, hopefully, with those instructions you can determine the rogue email address and use that to cancel the rogue Netflix service that you're paying for.   

Indeewari
I've been here awhile
I have contacted Rogers several times. But they won't trust that we dont have two Netflix accounts in the same device . I even checked by logging into Netflix . Only my email address come up with the membership. Today I'll go to local Rogers office and return all the devices. I cancelled my Netflix subscription through a Netflix agent until I purchase a secure internet connection . But I guess this Rogers Netflix premium connection should still be there because Rogers customer service didn't give me a solution for that. So I'll disconnect my Rogers internet connection so that hope that your Netflix may come to an end too. Thank you.

thorcor
I'm here a lot

Netflix charges on my Feb bill. Do not have Netflix

thorcor
I'm here a lot

I have just talked to Netflix and they cancelled an account that did not hav my email. They can not refund me! Proceeded to Rogers and they have created a file to get problem solved. Will be waiting for Rogers respond and refund. Hope this is a help for other Rogers customers.

Indeewari
I've been here awhile

I did the same last month. I cancelled my Netflix premium account (which I never authorized Netflix or Rogers to charge me ) by calling Netflix. They said they'll refund me for that. But here comes the wonder, Rogers have added a Netflix premium charges on this month bill too. Now who is responsible ? I contacted Rogers again and they said they'll refund me. Rogers and Netflix do this without any transparency . Because when I asked Netflix that will you send me an email notification confirming that the premium account was cancelled and I'll be not charged for premium again, that they said they'll send the chat transcript as a proof. Why? Even Rogers never sent me an email confirmation that I'll not be charged for the premium in the future and they will refund for what they charged fradulently. That was also only in the chat history . I'm wondering why both these companies can't be serious and open about this. 

Good Day @thorcor, @Indeewari 👋

We're sorry to hear about the unexpected Netflix charges you've both encountered. Ensuring that you have a positive and transparent experience is very much what we strive for. @thorcor, has your issue been resolved since you last posted? 

@Indeewari, I just have a few questions for you if you don't mind:

How did you initially subscribe to Netflix? Was it via us or Netflix directly?

Have you been refunded since you last posted? 

Looking forward to hearing from you both,

RogersJo 

Except for cancelling Netflix that I never subscribed to, I do not know if Rogers have credited me. It is Rogers who charged me and therefor Netflix can not credit me. How Rogers can charge you for Netflix I can not understand.

Indeewari
I've been here awhile
Nope I didn't recieve any refund until today. It was just there in chat transcript and both the companies don't want to send at least an email confirmation on their actions. Even for my case, a rogers tech came in and did the replacement of my wifi router and tv box both because I had issues with them and even that tech never mentioned that I'll be charged for this. Because my Netflix premium connection have started on the same date that the tech did the replacements. So it's obvious that it was something done by the tech. But Rogers won't take any responsibility and keep on scamming. Anyways this's my last month with them. So if they didn't refund me or adding the Netflix premium charges again I'll go with some other service provider. Because this's kinda never ending, hidden fraud with zero transparency .

Hello @thorcor ,

I understand that you only recently had this matter investigated. Once the credit for the Netflix charges has been approved, you will be able to log in to your MyRogers profile online to see the impact to your balance, and the credit adjustment will appear on the bill that follows. If you continue getting billed for Netflix moving forward, please let us know.

Thank you,

RogersYasmine

Hello @Indeewari ,

Thanks for the additional information. We're sorry to hear that you've made the decision to leave us as that is not the outcome we were hoping for, however, we understand that you need to do what you feel is best. 

As for the Netflix charges, did the Rogers Live Agent agree to reverse the charges for you? If so, you should hopefully see the adjustment on your next invoice, as long as the credit adjustment is processed before the next invoice is issued. Although, we do not have the ability to send an email confirmation when a manual adjustment is created, we can provide you with a reference number (also known as an Interaction ID). 

As for ensuring this unrequested Netflix account is successfully cancelled, did you try following the steps that have been provided in @Datalink's post above? It has helpful instructions on how to obtain the username for this account so that you may provide it to Netflix to have it cancelled asap.

Please also note that the charge for the basic Netflix membership is indeed different than the premium membership, hence the difference in pricing.

Kind regards,

RogersYasmine

Rogers have credited my bill with the $ 20.99 charged for Netflix that I don’t have.

thorcor
I'm here a lot

Once again I have been charged for Netflix that i have never signed up for. Was assured last month that the account with e-mail that was completely unknown to me, was cancelled by Netflix. Today received my new Rogers bill with Netflix charge of $20.99 again. Netflix verify that there is no account with our e-mail. After 1h 30 min on the phone wiith Rogers, assured within 72 h the bill should be updated. We have been with Rogers since Oct 2022 and all of a sudden these 3rd party appear. Extremely frustrating. Why do their costumershave to waste all this rtime on issues they dicided to add to your bill. 

Good Day @thorcor

Yikes! Unexpected charges can be rather bothersome. 😥 I'm elated to hear that we have since credited your account a few weeks ago. With regards to the current Netflix charge of $20.99, has that since been credited back after the 72 hours timeframe? Also, have you had the chance to have a gander at @Datalink's post regarding Netflix billing?

Regards,

RogersJo 

I never signed up for Netflix.

I dit not see this email till March 19 -sorry.

My Rogers Feb. bill had the same issue. It was again creited to my bill but I hope I don't have to go through this  again. Wasted time. I was on hold for 55 min after Rogers tells me "we will be with you in 2 min". 

I don't understand how Rogers can charge me for something i never signed up. We have had Rogers since Oct 2022 and all of a sudden we get charged for Netflix.

johnoh
I've been around

Cancelled my Netflix Feb 1/24 ... Rogers still billing me the $20.99 .. contacted them so far 6 times this past month .. no resolution but today Mar 21 agent said they cannot cancel the Netflix account/billing and I would have to contact Netflix .I did today and they said they were not getting the $20.99 and that it is LINKED to my rogers account and Rogers has to cancel ???? where do I go from here HELP

Topic Stats
  • 17 replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 8 in conversation