Unable to Upgrade After Recent Address Change/Move

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Unable to Upgrade After Recent Address Change/Move

I have been with Rogers well over 20+ years. I recently moved from my home (where we lived for 18 years). I wanted to upgrade 2/3 phones on my account and learned I cannot process this request, online, until THREE MONTHS after the change of address date. I asked the customer service rep (via online chat) multiple times 'why' I cannot request the upgrades. I was told if it was an emergency I could go 'in store' to request an upgrade. I challenged the thinking asking "what if I had mobility issues" (part of the reason we moved) and it was not answered.

Can someone please explain WHY I am unable to request an upgrade, online, for three months following an address change?

***Edited Labels***

Solved! Go to Solution.

Re: Unable to Upgrade After Recent Address Change/Move

Welcome to the Community and thank you for your post @CW7,

New upgrade sounds exciting, and I appreciate you sharing your feedback. To ensure account security and prevent fraud we cannot complete upgrades over the phone/social media/live chat if the billing address has been changed within the past 30 days. However you can definitely upgrade at a retail location with valid photo identification and proof of your new address. 

Good luck with the new devices. Please let us know if you have any further questionsRobot Happy.

RogersZia

I've Been Here Awhile

Thank you! It would have been helpful (and avoided frustration on my part) had the customer service rep replied with this answer.

Hey @CW7,

Happy to help Smiley Happy!  I'm glad you posted here to clarify. Feel free to reach out to us if you ever have any other inquiries!

Thank you for being part of the Rogers Community Forums.

RogersZia

I've Been Around

It would want to upgrade online because I can I can save 35 dollars for connection fee and there is 100 dollars credit. So now i have just change my billing address but I cant avail that promo? Is there any way they can update it in the store then I can upgrade online ofter?

Hey @Yevy,

Welcome to the community!

Totally understandable as a customer to want to take advantage of new promotions! If you're past the window with assistance from our Rogers Concierge department for moving your service you're welcome to send us a PM @CommunityHelps and we can review what options are available for your account. If you are not familiar with our private messaging system you can check out our Blog.

RogersAndy

Topic Stats
  • 5 replies
  • 1 Like
  • 4 in conversation