cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to Update Address

lxm
I've been here awhile

Hello,

I've moved and tried to changed the address in the Profile settings but the following message appears:

"The address you entered doesn’t match Canada Post’s records. Please enter a valid address."

The page then refreshes and I am taken back to the Profile settings, leaving the old address still on my account.  I have tried dozens of variations of my address with no success.

Is anyone at Rogers able to assist me in changing my address to the one that matches your records?

Thank you.

***Edited Labels***

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Unable to Update Address

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @lxm

Contact @CommunityHelps and see what they can do for u! :). @RogersTony @RogersMoin @RogersPrasana maybe can help you too! 🙂

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @lxm

Contact @CommunityHelps and see what they can do for u! :). @RogersTony @RogersMoin @RogersPrasana maybe can help you too! 🙂

lxm
I've been here awhile
Thanks @Meowmix, I've just messaged @CommunityHelps.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @lxm

You're welcome! Hopefully they can fix it up! 🙂

OLDYELLR
I'm a senior advisor

I've been getting the same thing.  My address comes up as an RR address, which Canada Post no longer recognizes. In fact, CRA had that address and I wasn't getting some T-slips delivered, which screwed up my tax returns for a couple of years. If I was supposed to be getting my Rogers bills by mail, I'd be in a lot of trouble. We should not have to get our mailing addresses fixed individually through @CommunityHelps but Rogers should fix the website so we can do it ourselves. But it seems the web developers are too busy breaking stuff instead of fixing it. Smiley Mad

Rogers PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario

roussul
I've been here awhile
Can't change my residence address

Hi there,
It been a year and a half im trying to change my address on MyRogers but it keeps poping up "The address you've entered does not match canada post's records".
I called customer support TWICE and they have changed it on their system and they assured me it is going to update the address appearing on MyRogers but it never does.

My old house is still getting all Rogers mail and this is soooooo annoying

Hey @roussul,

Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums.

Wow, with having to deal with this for well over a year now...I'd say it's borderline infuriating, let alone annoying. If you can kindly reach out to  us via Private Message, so we can gather your account details and see what we can do to help.

Our private messenger is explained in this BLOG, in case you're not familiar.

Look forward to hearing from you!

RogersCilio

OLDYELLR
I'm a senior advisor

@roussulI noticed the address on my Rogers profile was not quite correct (although I was still receiving snailmail before I went completely paperless). I just went and updated it and the Canada Post address suggested was not really correct either, so I opted  for the correct address I entered. It looks like the changes I made got saved. As for why Rogers is not using the changes you made, that's a mystery. Perhaps your information isn't being updated throughout the system.

Rogers PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario

roussul
I've been here awhile
It does not suggest any address. just complaining about entering wrong address and we are back to square one.

I have tried to update my address online through MyRogers. Canada Post recognizes the address but then it gives me the error message:
“Sorry...

Something went wrong on our end. Please try again or check back later.
If you continue seeing this message contact us.” Why is this happening? It’s taking so long to reach an agent.

Good afternoon @cncassano,

Welcome to the Rogers Community and thank you for your post! If your billing address has changed and you want to continue receiving paper bills once you’ve moved or for debit / credit card payments, update your bill address so it’s the same one used at your financial institution. Watch this video to learn how to change your billing address.

Were you able to change your billing address since you posted?

Things you should know: 

• P.O. Box numbers cannot be displayed or updated online, please contact us to update it 
  • For fraud purposes, you cannot upgrade a wireless device online within 30 days if you updated your address online (you can however upgrade in other channels)
  • We’ll try to match the address you entered with Canada Post – you can submit either version to us
  • It may take up to your 2nd bill cycle to receive your paper bill at new address

Ran into issues?

• You cannot enter special characters including dashes and French accents into input fields but upon clicking Continue, Canada Post should solve this
  • You cannot enter street directions (i.e. Bloor Street East) but upon clicking Continue, Canada Post match should solve this
  • If you try to submit a bill address that is identical to what we have on file, or if only the capitalization differs, you’ll see an error message – contact us or try a different address.

Hope this helps!

RogersMaude

Topic Stats
  • 10 replies
  • 1 Like
  • 7 in conversation